Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

i want to be in.
i think my hair is about 3b or c maybe:rolleyes:. and it is about a half an inch from apl.
my hair is not thick at all because of relaxers but i've been using carols daughter smm and that helps get it thick. also i've ordered the jamaican black castor oil. cant wait for that to come:grin:. my hair is healthy in my opinion but i want mbl and more thickness. i go to the salon once a month so i dont shampoo or condition myself. i stretch my relaxer about 4 to 6 months and almost never get alot of shedding and breakage. so i dont understand why pple get breakage when they stretch(can someone explain). but i keep my hands in my hair so i bought some mizani and that knocked the little shedding out.
products i will use:

pre poo: spectrum coconut oil
three times a week: mizani h2o night time treatment(love this)
morning moisturizer: elasta qp mango butter
seal with: carols daughter lisa's hair elixer
night moisturizer: right now i have a shea butter and jojoba oil mixture but i ordered package 6 from FNWL and might switch to shealoe
seal with:castor and coconut oil
on my scalp: i use natural oasis scalp conditioner and carols daughter SMM

i 'll try to post pics sometime this week

Did you want to be the only person that asked a 'question of the week'? I will delete the question if it makes you feel more comfortable as the OP of this thread....let me know.....

Not at all this is all our thread. I was replying to you saying we should have a question of the week. A pages b4 this we were talking about the ladies saying they couldnt keep up with the thread bc it was getting so big. I was gonna not post any new questions until every1 got a chance to catch up. Its seems to me like we r just reading the last page bc we're moving so fast. So again its not about who asked question I love when every1 is talking n active I just want it to be every1. I want us to be all on the same page and from what im reading we're not.

I understand where u were coming from with the weekly question though... hope that cleared it up

I have a big smile on my face. Im soo happy

Maybe I shouldve put my b4 cause its sooo far back in the thread.

The link is after

view.php

This is before

Girl, keep up what your doing, because you hair has gotten alot thicker. Congratulations! :dance7:

I have never heard of KUZ. Where do you get it? Is it expensive?

I picked it up at my local BSS. It's a Dominican product, and the PJ that I am, never saw it before, until the sales lady recommended it to me, for the breakage I was experiencing. No it's like I see the stuff all over the place :lachen:.

Price wise it's up there. I paid $12.99 for the shampoo, and $15.99 for the con. But for me I see it's really working, seems to be doing something good for my hair.

I think that last time I washed I just left it on there too long, I'm not going to DC with the conditioner anymore, I'll probably just leave it on for about 10 min under a plastic cap and was out.

So when I went out today I picked up the Dove Intense Moisturizing condish, and the Lacio leave in condish, I've been seeing so many post about them that the PJ in me said give it a try.

So my Wednesday wash will consist of, DC on dry hair with the Dove, wash with my KUZ shampoo, condish 5-10 min with the KUZ condish, condish rinse with the Kerastase Vita-Ciment, wash out, use the Lacio and roller set and finish off with the Alter Ego. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

How long have you been using it and how much growth do you see? I am waiting for my bottle....:grin:

I've been using it for nearly three months (but mind you I haven't been entirely consistent). I had a sew-in up until a couple of weeks ago, and I useds the BT when I had my sew-in. When I took it out, I noticed at least 2 in. of growth (my crown grows the fastest). It made my scalp feel refreshed while I had the sew-in, and I had pretty good growth. Now if I can just use it more consistently, I think I'd be getting even better results!

So when I went out today I picked up the Dove Intense Moisturizing condish, and the Lacio leave in condish, I've been seeing so many post about them that the PJ in me said give it a try.

So my Wednesday wash will consist of, DC on dry hair with the Dove, wash with my KUZ shampoo, condish 5-10 min with the KUZ condish, condish rinse with the Kerastase Vita-Ciment, wash out, use the Lacio and roller set and finish off with the Alter Ego. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

I love Lacio..

Be careful putting in an updo wet. I had a lot of breakage in my crown area from doing that, so I ended up having to cut long layers. They are growing out, but the hair there was really brittle and dry and not good. Once I statrted letting my hair dry first and then putting in an updo, the breakage stopped. It must have been putting stress on my hair or something bc my hair was heavier wet than dry...

Great advice, FindingMe! I'll definitely make sure to do an updo with drier hair :yep:

I've been using it for nearly three months (but mind you I haven't been entirely consistent). I had a sew-in up until a couple of weeks ago, and I useds the BT when I had my sew-in. When I took it out, I noticed at least 2 in. of growth (my crown grows the fastest). It made my scalp feel refreshed while I had the sew-in, and I had pretty good growth. Now if I can just use it more consistently, I think I'd be getting even better results!

OMG Ima order it... I just cant control myself

Hey, tell me whatchu think? This is my daughter's hair 10 weeks post. Since we are progressively stretching we will do 12 weeks next relaxer. She is not seeing the progress. I do but I may be biased.....:drunk:

Attachments

• Mydaughter.jpg
    Mydaughter.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 18
  • If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like? My perfect head of hair would be wavy, shiny, and HEALTHY mid-back length hair.
  • How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair? I'm estimating it might take me another year if I'm consistent with a good regimen and protective styling.
  • What steps are you taking to get there? Staying away from products and practices that are harmful to my hair, taking care of my hair with a good regimen and protective styling, and concentrating on my overall health.

i want to be in.
i think my hair is about 3b or c maybe:rolleyes:. and it is about a half an inch from apl.
my hair is not thick at all because of relaxers but i've been using carols daughter smm and that helps get it thick. also i've ordered the jamaican black castor oil. cant wait for that to come:grin:. my hair is healthy in my opinion but i want mbl and more thickness. i go to the salon once a month so i dont shampoo or condition myself. i stretch my relaxer about 4 to 6 months and almost never get alot of shedding and breakage. so i dont understand why pple get breakage when they stretch(can someone explain). but i keep my hands in my hair so i bought some mizani and that knocked the little shedding out.
products i will use:

pre poo: spectrum coconut oil
three times a week: mizani h2o night time treatment(love this)
morning moisturizer: elasta qp mango butter
seal with: carols daughter lisa's hair elixer
night moisturizer: right now i have a shea butter and jojoba oil mixture but i ordered package 6 from FNWL and might switch to shealoe
seal with:castor and coconut oil
on my scalp: i use natural oasis scalp conditioner and carols daughter SMM

i 'll try to post pics sometime this week

Welcome Chebaby!

• If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like? I would have healthy, shinny, bouncy BSL hair, anything longer would be too much for me...(I think :grin:)
  • How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair? I think it would take me a year to get there.
  • What steps are you taking to get there? I am committed to being consistent with good hair care practices. My goal is to put together the best regime for my hair. I'm working hard to maintain a proper balance and minimize breakage which will give me the length I'm aiming for. I've also been sharing what I'm learning with my close friends because everyone should have healthy hair.

If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like?
Jet black waist length and natural
How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair? About 2 years give or take a few months. I want waist length again. I'm thinking with intense care I can do it 1.5.
What steps are you taking to get there? No heat, daily CW, twice weekly DC, vitamins, journaling my progress, protein/moisture balancing products, and PATIENCE!!

I know that we ALL can achieve our dream hair with PATIENCE!!

• If you could wake up with perfect hair what would it look like? I would have thick, healthy, strong BSL hair
  • How long do you think it will take you to reach dream hair? I think it would take me 2 years to achieve my dream hair.
  • What steps are you taking to get there? Find and stick to a hair care regimen that works for me. Keep a picture journal of my progress and share what I've learned with others.

COUNT ME ALL THE WAY IN!! Im cutting all my perm out 2morrow and starting fresh. :grin: LETS DO IT LADIES. Im actually waiting for my MTG to come. So by early next week I should set

Neutrogena Triple Moisture...last week I purchased the NTM Silk Touch Leave In Cream ($7.99 @ Walgreens)after a very drying rollerset that left my ends crunchy.. then I sealed w/EVOO...I think I like it:hair:...It resolved the crunchiness!!!

Funny enough, I HAVE THAT IN MY STASH OF PRODUCTS!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I never use it because some of the natural ladies on BHM said "beware of Silicone products" because they are a no-no for hair. The third ingredient is a cone. I'll try and find where I read it and post it here. I am willing to try it. I paid for it $$$.

Hi Ladies,

The last time I posted was about a week ago and I was very far behind. I've been trying to keep up. If the new question of this week has been asked, I'll have to dig and find it so I can answer it. First I want to ask a question, then I want to vent about my Boyfriend, and last I want to tell you about what's been going on recently with my hair.

The question: Are ponytails okay as a protective hair style as long as they aren't supper tight? I wear my hair in a ponytail everyday.

The Vent: My boyfriend is so not being supportive. I'm so glad I have you guys. He thinks I am insane because I have been so serious about my hair care lately. He said I bought 100 new hair products and to him my hair looks exactly the same. Then I ask him do he see as much hair on the floor as there use to be. His response? Well that's just because you don't blow dry. When I try out new styles like the donut he says: What the hell is that on your head? Aggravating.

Hair progress: I'm going to post some pictures here, but I will be updating my Fotki tonight also. I tried to roller set my hair, but i got a really big head and I couldn't get the rollers in right and my arms were tired, lol. I gave up, but then I decide to try to roller set my ponytail. Below are the results which I love and Even my bf said my hair pretty. I don't have a digital camera yet so pics are with my phone. My bf swears someone is going kill me or steal my identity every time he hears my camera phone snapping away. Then he had the nerve to ask me to go to the store and get him something for his hair because it's dry. I got him some S curl activator. It's all I saw really for guys in Sallys. Then he's starting to use my Organix Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner, which I was about to through out because it sucks for my hair.
Pics:
p_00016.jpg

p_00039.jpg

Leona your hair is beautiful! It's tough to do the hair thang when you got a man around. They simply do not understand. My ex hated all things weave! Braids, sew-in's, especially wigs and falls. Good luck in that area. He'll change his tune when he starts seeing progress. Then he won't be able to keep his hands out of it. :lachen::lachen:

Sorry, I don't have much advise on the ponytail. Perhaps one of the vets can chime in.

Hey y'all, I just found this link on Hair Breakage 101. It's some really good info that will help us on our journey. I wanna post the link, but I'm not sure what the rules are on that kind of thing. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you the 411.

I just want to make sure I'm "compliant" up in here! :yep:

Ladies I ask that for this week we all just go back and read and comment on the pages we havent yet seen. I know as many of u have said both in this thread and by pming that this thread has gotten really big so fast.

So for this week unless its a big concern about your hair like something you must ask or share can we just not post anything new.

what I mean by that is can we go over the post on the other pages and look those over and maybe comment on those. I think by doing this we will give everyone a chance to catch up.

Is this ok with everyone?

From what Ive learned it seems like ponytails are fine as long as they r not tight and what I try to do is not pull the sides tight or all the way back. I do it down and around. HTH

Hey y'all, I just found this link on Hair Breakage 101. It's some really good info that will help us on our journey. I wanna post the link, but I'm not sure what the rules are on that kind of thing. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you the 411.

I just want to make sure I'm "compliant" up in here! :yep:

I dont think there is a problem with posting links Ive seen this done in this thread and other threads as well.

From what Ive learned it seems like ponytails are fine as long as they r not tight and what I try to do is not pull the sides tight or all the way back. I do it down and around. HTH

Yep, that's what I have read too, I think the other thing has something to do with your ends not rubbing against your clothes.

Thanks for the comments so far ladies. And the only style my bf really likes are the micro braids. He's African and his cousin does my braids. She's really good too. Never does them too tight, but she does complain that I have a big head, lol. Those braids were useless to me because it left most of my natural hair out. Ladies when I went to buy the hair. The Korean man at store lectured me on how I should be proud to have the hair that I've got and don't put braids in it. I just laughed and left cause he didn't have the length I was looking for. Do they sell 20in+ hair in Beauty Supply Store? I get tired of braids really quick and never really leave them up past 5 or 6 weeks. So a total waste of money. Plus it seems easier to take care of without braids. I was contemplating sew in weave. Never had that before.

Ladies I ask that for this week we all just go back and read and comment on the pages we havent yet seen. I know as many of u have said both in this thread and by pming that this thread has gotten really big so fast.

So for this week unless its a big concern about your hair like something you must ask or share can we just not post anything new.

what I mean by that is can we go over the post on the other pages and look those over and maybe comment on those. I think by doing this we will give everyone a chance to catch up.

Is this ok with everyone?

No more post for the rest of this week:cry2:? What if we open another thread and let the new-newbies catch up here?

No more post for the rest of this week:cry2:? What if we open another thread and let the new-newbies catch up here?

I thought about that but I think there is too much good info here. Im not saying I dont want any1 to talk I just think some of us are ahead of others and its only right we give everyone a chance to catch up. I understand not everyone can be on here to read every page in one week and I think we can slow the thread down and wait for them after all they were willing to do this with us

However if you do think its too slow and you've read all 54 pages and want to start your own thread I wouldnt mind. I like having you all here but I just want us to do this 2gether.

I think giving everyone a week to catch up and all the ladies who are up to date can answer some of the question others will have when they are catching up to us.

Im just trying to meet the needs of everyone

Last edited:
Back