Newbie saying Hi

GraceV2

:hiya: everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself! I am a former lurker :blush:so I'm excited to finally be able to officially be a part of LHCF. I really don't know why I was so nervous to join...but I finally did.
I have learned so much from this website so far and I'm so thankful because I honestly got to a point where I thought the only way I'll ever have hair that is APL and beyond, was if I got a sew in weave.
I always had collarbone length hair as a child (never hit APL) but when my mother no longer had the means to get our hair done at the salon on a weekly basis, our hair suffered. I went from collarbone length hair to chin length due to lack of knowledge and not standing up to myself with scissor happy stylists at touch up time.
Well I finally got fed up of weave disasters and the constant struggle to get my hair back to my childhood length, that's when I found LHCF.
Just from reading and following the wonderful advice on this site on a regular basis, I went from
in May 2008 to
in Feb 2009.
My ultimate goal is WSL but that will be a little longer than I originally planned since I have decided to transition again(I'm only 6 weeks post right now). Thanks to LHCF, I now know that even though long hair may take a little longer and a little more effort to attain than others, it is not impossible! Thanks for reading my intro :sunshine:

Last edited:
Hi Grace! (I'm kind of new as well)

You're right tocktick. Grace your hair looks shinier, healthier and full of moisture! I can't wait to see your progress in the upcoming months!

KinkyRed

Hi! I'm new too, and there r a few things that I was wondering about.
  1. What is texlaxed?
  2. Where do you go to find out what type of hair you have (ex. 4a)