Newbie Saying "Hello"

NaeChail

Hi ladies!!! I feel as if I know some of you already because I lurk SO much :lol:.

But my name is Nae, I'm a natural. I think 4a/b, lol, cuz an expert I am not on the whole typing thing. LOL.

Here's a bit of my hair story:
Grew up natural, until I was put in foster care at age 7. Got a relaxer from a foster parent that had no idea at all what to do to my kinks, but she was still very loving and kind to both me and my hair.

Next foster home (at 10), my hair was cut into a bob by a foster sibling who was put in charge and decided to give me a trim...:nono:. And I was up and down ever since.

I tried transitioning in 2006, I got my last relaxer before my HS graduation in May. I did pretty well until Nov. of that year, when I read about texlaxing....SO not for me. So I started to transition again, until the following Mardi Gras I was truly in the spirit of the holiday and BC'd down to a fade! I felt so free.

Then in December 2008 I tried my hand at texlaxing ONCE AGAIN:hammer: to fail yet again. I was a little past apl but my hair was dry and breaking terribly. So I've been doing mini chops ever since. I am now fully natural again, and about .5 inches away form APL stretched. I am committed to taking much better care of my hair, and she is already rewarding me for doing so!!
This was me for Valentine's Day this year....more pics later, I'm at school in the lab and I'm so not supposed ot be on here BUT LHCF is like...crack. LOL.

NaeChail

ok...this is the Valentine pic.....

This is my twists (being stretched by my loving boyfriend lol.

And for comparison's sake this was about the length my hair was all through high school.

And here is my little growth comparison thing I made for a challenge on a different forum

growinghealthyhair

Welcome nae!! I'm new here too :) Your jorney sounds similiar to mine. I've been BC'ng since 2006(graduation year too lol). Finally sticking to it this time!

NaeChail

Thanks y'all. I look forward to learning even more from you guys and actually participating now, lol.

virtuenow

Welcome abroad, I like your name, I pronounce it "natural"! Thanks for sharing your story and pics (pretty hair).