Newbie Needs Help With Protective Styles

lanihenderson

Hi Everyone,

I'm still pretty new to the site, I currently have a pixie cut. My ultimate goal is healthy hair soon, length later. I really need help getting a protective style. My hair is sooo many different lengths and damaged, on the sides it ranges from 1 to 1.5 inches. About two inches in the front and shaved in the back.

Ladies, your help is greatly appreciated!

wannabelong

I'm having the same issue with proctective styles for my 2' inch hair. Right now, I wear a half wig and a full cap wig, then when I don't feel like putting on a wig I just wrap my hair up with a piece of black cloth. I am open to more suggestions! Let me know if you need me to take pics. :grin:

TrendySocialite

I would suggest a wig or possibly a quick weave until you can get your hair to a point of more protective styling.

If a wig or quick weave isn't for you or in keeping with your personal style, I would suggest low-mani hair while it grows out. A short, spiky do that is styled with your fingers and with some pomade or mango butter would be ideal IMO.

The good thing about short hair is you can wash and DC and tie it up with a relatively short drying time.

I wore short hair for my entire 20s. When I decided to grow it out, I first just stopped cutting it. For a few weeks, my hair was kinda ugly (especially when you're used to a crisp line at your nape). Then I wore phony ponys for several weeks so my back could grow out some more. My stylist had to use gel and I sat under the dryer. Then after that, I got braids and wore those for the entire summer. After that summer, my hair was ear length and I started growing my own hair from there.

Hope this helps some.