Protective Styles...help!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,
As some of you know I got a pretty big cut today, that I didn't exactly want. My hair is now layerd. I think that the longest pieces are about 6 inches long. And the back ends almost at the bottom of my neck. Now don't get me wrong my ends are really healthy now, so that's a good thing.
I am looking for some protective styles for my length...or are braids the only option? If you have ANY ideas please let me know.
Thank you
smile.gif

well apart from braids and corn rows the srtyle that a lot of ladies on the board seem to be rockin is the pony tail style wit yo ends tucked in to make sure they are not exposed to the harsh weather...u cud also try a weave coz for unknown reason sthe weave seem sto make hair growth jump start
smile.gif

I think when wearing braids with the hope of hair growth you should never go smaller than pencil size...bigger if you can. Micros are a NO NO...and don't keep them in longer than 2-3 months before changing them.

smile.gif

Gldspoon

beacuse of micros size they more than thicker braids encourage receding hair line and also encourage hair breakage and knottin more than normal braids...however, i've had micros for 2 months and took them out on monday and had no knots really!! so i think its possible to accumulate length wit micros but not really advisable wit relaxed hair coz its more prone to breakage than natural hair is
smile.gif

Back