Newbie needs clarification...Help!!!

hair_wit_favor

When choosing protective styles, am I trying to protect my ends from rubbing up against my clothes or am I suppose to be keeping my ends from being exposed to the air?:perplexed Or both? If its the latter...then I havent been protective styling:nono:...you can go to my fotki and check out the styles I currently wear....

It's both. Also there is something called "low maintence/less manipulation" protective styles. Such as twistouts, braidouts, rollersets, etc.. HTH.

Both. Getting over the shoulder length is the most important hump to get over. But protectives are great at every stage. I checked out your pics. You're doing great. Nice color too.

Thanks ladies...I think I'll start bunning more. My hair is growing and I want to retain ALL of it!

Girrrrlllll i was just in your album, your already on the ball. I like your protective styles album!! That's also a pretty baby in your avatar your holding. Happy hair growing hair_wit_favor!!!!! Keep up the good work!:grin:

I think it's both, although some think it's only protective if the ends are tucked away.

I really like the pin curls in the banana clip. The color on the ends highlighted the curls beautifully.

Thanks...the color was hott! But I had to give them--I'm back to black hair--but it's looking 'healthy'...I miss my color, but it was way too drying.

Back