Newbie Natural Here (Lurker for long time) Hair Pics and All

PrincessKia

Hi Everyone,
I'm not really that much of a newbie. I started reading before I joined. Then, realized I could join and subscribe to threads. I found out about this site from another site. So on to my hair stats...

Hair. Nappy 4a/b
Length: APL, before trim almost to BSL.
Condition: Healthy, now that I cut it. But I'll post those pics in my January album in Fotki.
Goal: As long as it wants to be. But if it's to my knees that may be a problem.

Ok so these pics are before the trim. I have been so tired of my hair and really couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to cut it all off. Then, I real tons of threads on here how women would just wear their buns consistently when they were tired of doing anything to their hair. I said well I can do that to. Then, it got boring.

Ladies let me tell you. I flat ironed my hair with no regard to heat damage and suffered the consequence. So, I came on here looking to see what went wrong in my technique. Found out I need a good heat protectant. I'm happy with the info. I've learned on here because now I can straighten my hair and not have any damage and it reverts as soon as I wash it. Also, I don't loose any length.

So, I took the plunge and decided I would get rid of my heat damaged ends. And that's what I did. (Those pics will be in my Jan. fotki album). However, here are the pics that chronicled many of the things I learned on here and how to take care of my hair. Now I can flat iron with no damage. I have to admit that even though I am a natural I like my hair straight now more than ever for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. But once my hair passed my shoulders my nappy styles just didn't look the same.

P.S. Thanks to all the people that made their hair pictures available in threads. I have a load of names in my heads but it would be crazy to say I could name all the ladies that took into account that not everyone was a member and they could benefit from their pictures and stories.

I hope I can do this right and they are not too big
On to a few hair pictures...

Check Album for Natural Hair pictures.

-PK

Welccome! You've done a great job, I guess that's due to some good lurking!:grin: I want to try these rollers and some curlformers...

Hey there!!! I'm about to go look at your fotki, but welcome. It's nice to come put of lurker mode - it's like a whole new world!! :welcome:

Welcome and thanks for coming out of Lurkdom! lol! Its only the tip of the iceberg when you never subscribe. There is so much in here that I have been on here looking at threads and fotkis since 730 am....I don't mind it though. Its passed the time at work. It can get rather dull in the office. :yawn:

Thanks everyone.
As of late I've been detangling weekly. (Even before I did the big trim). Then, I used 2 heat protectants, IC (in the red bottle) and Vo5 (in a red bottle, just started using). Also, I was using henna on my hair 1-2 times a week. I dc when my hair is dry and if I see too much breakage I do a protein treatment. Other than that my regime is pretty simple. I realized a long time ago that I was doing way to much with my hair. Keeping it simple allowed me to free up closet space, have more money, and spend less time doing unnecessary things that were not helping my hair.

Oh I haven't used henna though in maybe a 1 1/2 months to 2 months. I'm taking use everything up approach before I buy something else.

-PK

Back