Newbie HHJ Progress Journal

claud-uk

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and new to healthy hair and I thought I would start my own HHJ progress journal February - December 2012 here online so that I can keep a regular eye on my progress and have a good place to refer back to regimens, what products work and don't work etc.

I'm currently transitioning. My last relaxer was around October 2011 - about 7 months ago. I don't know what my hair type is but the texture is straight-kinky. It has very little natural curl definition. It's fine/thin in the front, dense/coarse in the crown and the back is a good medium thickness.

I'm currently EL front-crown and SL sides-nape.

I've had years and years of extreme breakage due to 4x yearly relaxers with NO PROTEIN and little or no moisture - and no idea why my hair was always so dry and strawlike. Each summer it would turn a red-yellow colour and start breaking off by the end of the year, so as a result my hair was always exactly the same length from one year to the next.

My goal length for 2012 is EL/SL to SL/APL.

I will be using no heat except for two-monthly length checks. I cut off/lost a lot of hair toward the end of last year and continue to dust every day as I still have a lot of split/thin ends. I just can't handle a big chop but thinking of doing one after my final length check at the end of this year.

February and April starting pics posted. Five weeks till my next length check. I will update shortly with my current regime.

Thanks to everyone who has inspired me these last few months while I've been lurking, reading and learning. I'd definitely still be unblissfully ignorant if not for LHCF.

Feb - April Regime & Progress:

Daily: 5mg Biotin, Trim Split Ends (1/2 - 1" trimmed)
Twice Daily: M&S
Weekly: DC, Wash & Deep Con

The hair is thicker and much fuller. Looks like I gained at least 1" overall, and 1.5" to the front.

Will use a marked tee-shirt next check for a more accurate result.

Attachments

• feb-12-front.jpg
    feb-12-front.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 21
  • apr-2012-front.jpg
    apr-2012-front.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 20
  • feb-2012-back.jpg
    feb-2012-back.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 18
  • apr-2012-back.jpg
    apr-2012-back.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

claud-uk

APRIL - JUNE REGIMEN:

Every Day:

10mg Biotin, Trim Split Ends, M&S, Baggy Ends with clingfilm/saran at night.

M&S: Water/AVG/Glycerine/CON to moisturize, Coco/Shea Butter to seal

Every 2 Days:

Sulfur/CO mix, applied to scalp with fingertips.

Midweek:

CON Wash/Porosity Control + CON/ACV

Weekly:

Pre-poo/Wash/Porosity + Deep Moisturizing Treatment/ACV

Pre-poo: EVOO/Avocado Oil/Honey/AV Cholesterol/

Two Weekly:

Light Protein Treatment

Light Protein: Protein Mask + 1 Egg

Last edited: