Newbie here: HELP!

gimbap

First of all, I want to say that I LOVE this board, I've been lurking for about awhile now and I've gained sooo much info. At first the ghetto in me was like "they aint gettin' my five dollars!" but now I've finally decided to just pay the darn $5 so I can post :lol:

I'm trying to stop using heat on my hair. Before I found this board, I was relaxing every 4 weeks using my flat iron/curling iron EVERYDAY...sometimes twice (i know, i know). Lately, I've been trying to set my hair, but the ends always end up frizzy! Even when I try to moisterize the ends beforehand, the steam rollers will make a pretty curl but leave the ends a frizzy mess.

Any suggestions?

Every time I use steam rollers, it never turns out right and my ends turn out frizzy, too.:perplexed Maybe you should try rollersetting.

I am slow when it comes to rollersetting wet hair, thats why the steam rollers seemed perfect for me.... theres gotta be a way!

oobrittany said:
First of all, I want to say that I LOVE this board, I've been lurking for about awhile now and I've gained sooo much info. At first the ghetto in me was like "they aint gettin' my five dollars!" but now I've finally decided to just pay the darn $5 so I can post :lol:

I'm trying to stop using heat on my hair. Before I found this board, I was relaxing every 4 weeks using my flat iron/curling iron EVERYDAY...sometimes twice (i know, i know). Lately, I've been trying to set my hair, but the ends always end up frizzy! Even when I try to moisterize the ends beforehand, the steam rollers will make a pretty curl but leave the ends a frizzy mess.

Any suggestions?

I'm assuming that you are using Caruso's? Maybe you are leaving the roller on the unit too long? Only leave it on the unit for maybe 7 or 8 seconds and also if you leave it on too long it will leave your hair frizzy and wet so when you take the roller off the unit shake the roller in a downward motion to shake the excess water off before putting in your hair BUT do it fast cuz the roller gets cold quick and then you will need to put it back on the unit.HTH:)

Oh, one more thing when you first experiment with carouso's it will take about 2 or 3 times to master them...it happened to me and alot of other women on the board.

A few suggestions:

-Try using end papers
-If you're using Caruso steam rollers, only leave the roller on the steamer for 5 seconds. Your rollers may be too "wet", which results in frizzy curls.
-Let the rollers stay in your hair for at least 15 minutes; the steam needs to evaporate before you remove them. If you remove the rollers too soon, your curls will be soggy/frizzy.

I hope that helps. I just started using Caruso rollers recently and they're great. Good luck!

preciousjewel76 said:
A few suggestions:

-Try using end papers
-If you're using Caruso steam rollers, only leave the roller on the steamer for 5 seconds. Your rollers may be too "wet", which results in frizzy curls.
-Let the rollers stay in your hair for at least 15 minutes; the steam needs to evaporate before you remove them. If you remove the rollers too soon, your curls will be soggy/frizzy.

I hope that helps. I just started using Caruso rollers recently and they're great. Good luck!

Good suggestions....the thing is, only the ends are frizzy, the rest of the curl is fine :confused:

shunta said:
Every time I use steam rollers, it never turns out right and my ends turn out frizzy, too.:perplexed Maybe you should try rollersetting.

OT-shunta, you made APL huh? congratulations, do u have pics?

oobrittany said:
Good suggestions....the thing is, only the ends are frizzy, the rest of the curl is fine :confused:

Hmmm, just try the end papers next time. That might help. You may also want to put a little oil on your ends (just a little though, having too much gunk in my hair doesn't work w/steam rollers).

tsmith said:
OT-shunta, you made APL huh? congratulations, do u have pics?
Thanks, chica.:) :p I dont have a digital camera, you think I should use my camera phone even though the pic quality is crappy?

Back