NEWBIE! Finally out of hiding!

clarity2008

Hello Hello beautiful ladies! Let me just say first off that you guys are truly inspiration! All of you! GORGEOUS! I have been lurking here since about April of this year and most of my question were answered. But I finally decided to subscribe. In April I decided to get serious about hair. Let me give you a little background...

My hair type is 3c with some 4a (my mother is white and my dad is black if that helps). My hair was natural up until I was 13 (btw I am 20 years old) when I HAD to get a realxer. My hair was pretty strong and the relaxer wore off after about 2 months. Then I let it grow out and I relaxed again a few years ago. Currently I am all natural with the exception of some relaxed ends that I refuse to get cut because the past few times I have been to a salon the damn stylist was cuttin like there was no tomorrow. I'm scarred for life!:evil: My hair is just at APL. Hopefully I can get to BSL by the end of the year or at least by my bday in February. From April 30 to June 30 my hair grew 3 inches! :yep:I had jsut barely started to take care of in a little better. Obviously those small improvements helped!

My Regimen:
Co Wash Daily w/ either Suave Humectant, NTM Daily Deep Cond., Treasured Locks Emu Oil Cond.
Prepoo with EVOO
Wash Every 5-7 days with Treasured Locks Emu Oil Shampoo
Clarify with ORS Creamy Aloe every 2 weeks or before I flat iron
Deep Condition w/ Pantene Replenishing Mask 2-3 times per week
Henna treatments about 1-2 per month
Protein when needed
Here is my style 99.99% of the time
Co wash, leave in most of the condish, moisturize w/ ORS moisturizing lotion and seal with castor oil. Pull into wet bun.
STUCK IN A STYLE RUT!
Tried braid and twist outs without decent results. Too afraid to try rollersetting. Flat Iron once per month. Sometimes 2.

So here I am ladies! Def. open to any advice and sugg. you guys have.
Will have photo soon!

Xavier

Welcome to the board! You seem to have a good regimen. I am sure you will see your hair take off, and you will be at BSL sooner than you think.

Oh yeah and just go ahead and get your fotki album started so that we can see your beautiful progress.

ReddTweetyB

Mestiza

Hello Hello beautiful ladies! Let me just say first off that you guys are truly inspiration! All of you! GORGEOUS! I have been lurking here since about April of this year and most of my question were answered. But I finally decided to subscribe. In April I decided to get serious about hair. Let me give you a little background...

My hair type is 3c with some 4a (my mother is white and my dad is black if that helps). My hair was natural up until I was 13 (btw I am 20 years old) when I HAD to get a realxer. My hair was pretty strong and the relaxer wore off after about 2 months. Then I let it grow out and I relaxed again a few years ago. Currently I am all natural with the exception of some relaxed ends that I refuse to get cut because the past few times I have been to a salon the damn stylist was cuttin like there was no tomorrow. I'm scarred for life!:evil: My hair is just at APL. Hopefully I can get to BSL by the end of the year or at least by my bday in February. From April 30 to June 30 my hair grew 3 inches! :yep:I had jsut barely started to take care of in a little better. Obviously those small improvements helped!

My Regimen:
Co Wash Daily w/ either Suave Humectant, NTM Daily Deep Cond., Treasured Locks Emu Oil Cond.
Prepoo with EVOO
Wash Every 5-7 days with Treasured Locks Emu Oil Shampoo
Clarify with ORS Creamy Aloe every 2 weeks or before I flat iron
Deep Condition w/ Pantene Replenishing Mask 2-3 times per week
Henna treatments about 1-2 per month
Protein when needed
Here is my style 99.99% of the time
Co wash, leave in most of the condish, moisturize w/ ORS moisturizing lotion and seal with castor oil. Pull into wet bun.
STUCK IN A STYLE RUT!
Tried braid and twist outs without decent results. Too afraid to try rollersetting. Flat Iron once per month. Sometimes 2.

So here I am ladies! Def. open to any advice and sugg. you guys have.
Will have photo soon!

It sounds as though you have a great regimen, already. :yep: Three inches of hair growth in 2 months is great! :clap:

winnettag

Even though your regimen is on point and you have a good length already, welcome! :grin: lol
I hope we can at least help you out of your style rut.