New wig shine...

NessaNessa

I purchased a wig yesterday. After seeing a girl in the mall with one of the cutest wigs EVER, I decided to search for a similar wig.

Well, I found it :grin: My issue is the shine. How do you get rid of that gosh-awful shine. I was told after a few wears, the shine will fade. I want to wear it this weekend while house hunting and running errands, but I know whenever I pass a mirror and see that gosh-awful shine I will cringe.

So ladies, how does one get rid of that shine? I was also told if I purchased a higher quality wig, the shine wouldnt be as 'obvious'. I wanted to test this one out first to see if I will like it.

OT: The wig is soooo cute. I am thinking I can go to the gym during work hours, shower, and throw the wig on my head without worrying about the look of my sweat soaked hair :yep:

Finesse

Brush talcum powder thru it. My momma used to do that, it took away the shine. Not to much tho....don't want it look like gray hair :grin:

NessaNessa

Brush talcum powder thru it. My momma used to do that, it took away the shine. Not to much tho....don't want it look like gray hair :grin:

Thanks, I'm going to try that. I tend to be heavy handed with most products I apply to hair, so I will be light with the talcum powder. Thanks again girlie!!!

CurliDiva

try washing with clarifying shampoo - the shine is a silcone film that will break down over time.

Last edited: