New Viviscal Extra Strength

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I used Viviscal, with great results, but got tired of the priciness. I recently switched to Youtheory Marine Collagen, and I am so happy I did! Check it out if you want a less expensive sub for Viviscal. I ordered my bottle at Puritan's Pride, 290 caps for about $20, taking 3 tabs a day (recommended dosage is 6 tbs, daily, but I usually forget the night time dose). HTH!

Last edited:

Texasdymond

I used Viviscal, with great results, but got tired of the priciness. I recently switched to Youtheory Marine Collagen, and I am so happy I did! Check it out if you want a less expensive sub for Viviscal. I ordered my bottle at Puritan's Pride, 290 caps for about $20, taking 3 tabs a day (recommended dosage is 6 tbs, daily, but I usually forget the night time dose). HTH!

A little off topic...but I was curious to know if you were still doing the egg drink? Have you gotten any results from it?

yynot

I'm using them now and just started my second pack. I will check my progress after this month to see. I am also looking for an alternative cuz they are too expensive. But I see that Bed Bath and Beyond sells them so I could use the 20% coupon.

ilong

God's Own
I started taking Viviscal Extra Strength (new formula) July 1. I am a consistent vitamin taker - I RARELY (only when I was sick in December) miss taking my vitamins.

I am not good at taking pics or length checks but I monitor my growth and condition of my hair faithfully, because I have a goal with a target date.

I try to stay on a regimen for 6 months to monitor effectiveness, so I purchased a six month supply of Viviscal. Less than a month of consumption is too soon to determine results. I will update this thread when and if I see a growth spurt.

My July - December regimen Product Rotation:
External:
Shea Moisture conditioners and Shampoos
Aphogee Protein program
S Curl
Sulfur 8 mixed with MN
MSM liquid
Elasta QP leave in
Oils (JB Castor, Coconut, Grapeseed, Peppermint, Rosemary, Thyme, Cedarwood, Almond, Brahmi, Amla, Garlic, Black Seed, Mahabhringaraj, burdock, )
Shea Butter
Rinses(Garlic, Nettle, various coffees)
Internal:
Viviscal Extra Strength
Chlorella
Spirulina
Moringa
HSN (various brands)
Vitamin D (for joints)
Bamboo Silica
MSM Powder

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
felic1 - I buy fresh garlic and steep it - just as you would do tea. Last week I steeped Garlic with Nettle tea and used that as my rinse.

LovelyDelight

Thanks for mentioning the Youtheory Collagen tablets. Its actually a better deal than the Viviscal because it lasts more than a month. And at $20-25 a bottle, its much easier on my wallet. I'm buying the Youtheory Collagen Advanced Formula Type 1, 2, & 3 via Amazon. it's about $30, but I get free shipping (I have Prime) and there are 390 Tablets. The reviews are good too. I will start keeping track of my hair growth this way as well.

wetwavy

A little off topic...but I was curious to know if you were still doing the egg drink? Have you gotten any results from it?

I know you didn't ask me but I'll chime in with my 2 cents regarding the infamous egg drink.

Ok first and most importantly, my hair grew so fast... I'm telling you dang near unbelievable growth!!

And my face looked so clear and free of any blemishes, it was just beautiful!

BUT... TMI!!!

It gave me a yeast infection! Of course it probably had alot to do with my terrible diet, but I'm sure the drink played a roll in it since I haven't had one in a long while.

But I seriously have been considering taking it again and just live with having the yeasties until I reach waist length:look:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I know you didn't ask me but I'll chime in with my 2 cents regarding the infamous egg drink.

Ok first and most importantly, my hair grew so fast... I'm telling you dang near unbelievable growth!!

And my face looked so clear and free of any blemishes, it was just beautiful!

BUT... TMI!!!

It gave me a yeast infection! Of course it probably had alot to do with my terrible diet, but I'm sure the drink played a roll in it since I haven't had one in a long while.

But I seriously have been considering taking it again and just live with having the yeasties until I reach waist length:look:

Hey what's the egg drink? TIA!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF