Hipo Folks: Best Deep Conditioners???

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave:

Before Shea Moisture does something crazy like discontinues my beloved, highest of holy grail products, their High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque . . . I need to find a close second place DC and wouldn't mind a third place DC even.

Hipo folks:
What is your best moisturizing deep conditioner?

What is your best protein-infusing deep conditioner?

My sincerest apologies if a recent hipo DC thread exists.

PJaye

Although I'm not Hi-Po, if you like the SM High Porosity Masque, you may like their Manuka Honey Masque, too. I did a side-by-side DC session using those two conditioners and found them to be quite similar. The only difference between them is that the Manuka is thicker and the High Po is a fraction more emollient. Otherwise, I received the same outcome from both - soft, silky, moisturized hair.

cutiepiebabygirl

:grouphug:

Thanks so much, @kodochax, @mymane, @PJaye, and @cutiepiebabygirl!

Does anyone know: Does the silicon in the Silicon mix easily wash out? Is it the "good" silicon that is water soluble?

My hair likes the "dreaded" silicones....It just does. I 've never had a problem with it...since my hair is porous, it helps close the cuticles and fill in the holes and gaps in my hair strands. If I ever feel build up, I wash with Sally's hard water shampoo, but I can't remember getting build up.

I can see this being a problem for someone with low porosity hair, because their hair shaft is already closed off and silicone would make that worse, in our case it'd help hold moisture in.