New Pics!!! New Pics!!! So1913 Updated Album

so1913

I posted earlier today that I flat ironed my hair. I updated my album with a few pics after I let it wrap and "set" for a few hours. It reminds me of old times, haven't worn my hair straight in a while. I also added a picture of the Ion Heat Protections and Asha's Roots which I used before I tied my hair up for the day.

It's time for a trim....I'm so excited about the length I've kept since I cut it months ago, that I'm actually scared to put scissors near it! Yes So1913 is scared of scissors now!!! Those who know me know I usually have no problem picking up a pair of shears and *snip* *snip* *snip*...

Anyway, thanks for all your help and encouragement ladies!

Leslie_C

wow so1913, your hair looks sooo good! Im jealous! how long have u been natural? I cant remember when u transitioned. your hair is gorgeous and u can have the best of both worlds! It really makes me tempted to transition bc Id LOVE to have a nice thick head of hair like that! Its been 4 months since my last relaxer, but I cant tame this mess and Im about to have to give in! :( I wish I had the patience to deal with my hair but I wouldnt be able to gracefully transition as u have~

keep up the great work, your hair has always looked good and I must say it looks even better than ever! thick, shiny, and lush! AND its shoulder length already! u go girl!

so1913

Leslie_C said:
wow so1913, your hair looks sooo good! Im jealous! how long have u been natural? I cant remember when u transitioned. your hair is gorgeous and u can have the best of both worlds! It really makes me tempted to transition bc Id LOVE to have a nice thick head of hair like that! Its been 4 months since my last relaxer, but I cant tame this mess and Im about to have to give in! :( I wish I had the patience to deal with my hair but I wouldnt be able to gracefully transition as u have~

keep up the great work, your hair has always looked good and I must say it looks even better than ever! thick, shiny, and lush! AND its shoulder length already! u go girl!

Thanks sweetie! I've been fully natural since April 2004, and my last relaxer was in December 2002. I had to keep up with my reputation of drastic hair changes, lol. I've actually been pretty down and out about my hair until today. I couldn't do anything with it. So this change is a good pick me up, especially now that I am starting to see length...SLOWLY but surely.

Last edited:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Wow you've made wonderful progress. I like your puff and twists. Which infusium products are you using?

so1913

Enchantmt said:
Wow you've made wonderful progress. I like your puff and twists. Which infusium products are you using?

I alternate with Infusium Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner .

BobbieDoll

Your hair is so pretty, you make me want to go natural, I love your curls and your hair looks pretty straight.

bonedacious99

Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! I like using the Ion Heat Protectant as well. It's very light. What type of ceramic flat iron do you use?

angelz214

I actually kept your foki bookmarked in my head. Your an inspiration for naturals, I love your puff. Your hair is so full and thick, and when your hair gets longer it will prolly be ideal to what I want my hair to look like. The picture of Alicia Keys' puff is my ideal goal. My hair does not look as beautiful when I rock my puff, I stay trying to fro it out. Let us know if about the progress of your hair. I will be looking forward to it.

Tai

Your hair looks great. I love the layers. They are just too beautiful. Your flat iron looks like you went to the salon.

so1913

bonedacious99 said:
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! I like using the Ion Heat Protectant as well. It's very light. What type of ceramic flat iron do you use?

Yes, I'm so glad I found it. I was at the check out counter at Sally's and saw in the front of the store and picked it up last minute. I use my ceramic tools flat iron. I would like to purchase one of the more high end irons in the near future.

so1913

Allandra said:
Your hair looks great. Please DO NOT get scissor happy. Yes, I mean it!

Ha ha ha....I've been doing good, I don't think I'll be doing any more major cuts anytime soon...

so1913

DelightfulFlame said:
gorgeous! do you trim your own hair?

No, I don't trim my own hair. I wish I could though (believe me, I've tried). I haven't had it cut/trimmed since October where the hair dresser cut the layers in to clean it up a bit and give it some shape.