new member's intro...Hello everyone!

C

Cami

new member\'s intro...Hello everyone!

Hello ladies. I am so excited that I found this website! What an inspiration for all of us to start our journey to achieve not only long, but very healthy hair. So far, most of everyone's advice has been very informative and I am looking forward to learning more about everyone! Well, to give you all a brief bio, my name is Camonlita and I am originally from St. Louis, MO. I am in the Air Force and am stationed at Wright Patterson AFB-in Dayton, OH. I'll be 23 on 25Mar, and for the past 4 years I've been doing my own relaxers and trims-I give myself touchups every 15-18 weeks. I am biracial-my mom is Korean and my dad is black, but I do not have the typical "mixed person's" hair. I have hair type 4A-which is kinky, therefore, I have to use the black products/and other salon products out there. I am trying to let it grow out to my waist. Currently, it is a few inches above my bra strap. By next summer, I would like for it to grow about 4 inches. I wash and condition my hair once a week and wrap set it. Just a few questions to anyone. Does it seem like the longer your hair grows, the ends gets thinner? Has anyone ever heard/or used Hair Formula 37 vitamins?
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

skegeesmb

Re: new member\'s intro...Hello everyone!

Hello Cami,

Welcome to the board. What is your routine when it comes to hair maintenance? And do you take any vitamins? You'll love this board!

C

Cami

My hair care regimen consists of washing/deep conditioning my hair once a week. I use a variety of products-Nexxus, Alterna, Aveda and Barry Fletcher. I work out 5 days a week, on Saturdays I will wash my hair before I go to the gym and then apply the conditioner in it. Once I apply the conditioner, I will put a plastic cap on and tie a scarf around my head then go to the gym. My workouts last about an 1 1/2 hours, so I really get a good deep condition-I also sit in the sauna to really add more heat for about 15 mins. If I don't have time to sit in the sauna, as soon as I get home I will sit under the dryer for about 15 mins before rinsing it out. After I rinse, I will use Nexxus Younger Looking Hair treatment spray and Barry Fletcher's alcohol free wrap lotion to wrap set my hair. I love both these products because it does not contain alcohol which can be very damaging. I also trim my ends after every touch up (which is every 16 weeks). Right now my hair is a few inches above my bra strap, I'm trying to get it down my back by next summer-2004. I also started using the HF37 vitamins-I hope they work. I'll keep everyone posted on my success-if any. I'm trying to think of other styles to wear so that I won't have to use a dryer...I'm trying to stay away from heat. Let me know if you have any hair care tips! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MissJ

Hey Cami, welcome to the board! Hmm... it seems like we have the same hair type and length, but I'm not biracial. So, I'll just tell you my regimine. It's pretty simple. I wash it once a week with just regular shampoo and LeKair conditioner. Then I comb it with a pick to keep it from being tangled. Then I leave it loose to dry. It takes about 4 hours to dry completely. It's really poofy when it air dries like that. I could dry it in a ponytail, but the insides wouldn't get dry. If you choose to do that it would be pretty tame. But after I air dry it loose, I put it in a ponytail, roll it, and tie it for bed. It gets flatter within two days, so... I think that's a good alternative to using the dryer.

Jenai

Hi and welcome to the board Cami. You can find a thread about HF 37 here: Hair Formula 37

The thread contains another link to information about HF 37.

Jade21

Welcome, Cami!!!!!!!!!!!

With one of your questions, your ends don't have to get thinner the longer your hair gets. Sometimes, it's genetics, and other times, it's techniques. One of my original goals when I grew my hair out was to have substantially the same thickness at the top and the bottom. Let me know what you have been seeing in your hair.

Cheers,

Jade

ngaa

hey cami and welcome to the group /images/graemlins/wave.gif

about hair becomin thinner the longer it gets i think its also has summin to do wit how u wear yo hair on a daily basis, i kno adrienne wears hers in a ponytail most of the time so that the ends are always protected which may be a reason yo ends are gettin thinner, it cud also be a result of over-processin, wen u do yo own touch-ups there is a very high chance of over-lappin occuring mayb u cud get some1 else to do yo relaxers for u and it cud also be coz of heat, how much heat do u use on it coz it cud be the culprit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CynamonKis

Hi Cami, welcome to the board!!

Here's my 2-cents worth on HF-37: too expensive. Even before coming to this board & being exposed to all this knowledge, I came across websites re: HF-37 during an all-day search I did on vitamins & I concluded it wasn't worth the money.

Do a search on this board of supplements or vitamins & you will get a world of recommendations. Some people like the Bargello-type vitamin regiments. Comparing the Bargello-type regiments to HF-37, the dosages in the latter are quite low, and the dosages of the essential hair-growth vitamins (e.g., B-5, MSM, Biotin, Silica) are too low in comparison to the money spent on HF-37.

Good luck in your quest!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

welcome to the board, cami! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i used HF37 for about 5 months a fear years ago. i thought it was a waste of money, but everyone's results are different.

adrienne