New Blowout Pic and Long Hair Sighting/Pic

blue_flower

Very beautiful, Anikalia! You'll reach your goal in no time if you just stick with what you're doing. Your hair also looked cute with the Shirley Temple curls.Too bad the Latina girl was reluctant to give up her hair secrets! I thought her hair was very beautiful too.

renee_n_3000

Anikalia, I could see the thumbnail sized pics at the link in your signature and your hair is very pretty!

I can't see the other pictures though. Does anyone have tips for how to view them?

The girl with the long hair might not have any secrets and might not do anything special to her hair. I don't think most people know what a hair regimen is unless they visit hair boards. I know that a few years ago, if someone had asked me, I wouldn't have known what to say.

anikalia

Thank you!

From the advice on the board, I have been keeping it up most of the fall and winter and been using the same tried-and-true products. The only thing new I used was Surge and it caused major flaking. My vitamin regimen has slacked though. Oh, and DSD I used Wanakee's Constant Care for Ends a few times that you gave me and liked that too! Do they still make it? Thanks!

I'm glad to see some progress but just hope that my shorter layers start to blend ASAP!

[ QUOTE ]
micarae said:
Hey Anika, your hair looks fa-bu-lous! It is getting so long! It's is obvious that you are taking very good care of it...and is that Isis and Yante I see in the pics with you? Their hair looks awesome as well!

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you! Yes that's Isis and Yante. I will have more uploaded pics from the weekend when Yante sends the rest to me. They are both very good friends of mine. It was funny, we went to 4040 and some guy asked how we met LOL! Yante said the mall!

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Very beautiful, Anikalia! You'll reach your goal in no time if you just stick with what you're doing. Your hair also looked cute with the Shirley Temple curls.Too bad the Latina girl was reluctant to give up her hair secrets! I thought her hair was very beautiful too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I know, I didn't want to keep approaching her because it had been 3 times already. I just let it go (sigh). But I will try to stretch out my trims like her. Her ends looked better than mine did!

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
OT: Your cat (Ali) is beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you! He's very sweet but spoiled. Thanks for the hair compliment as well!

Allandra

My cats are spoiled too.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
yahoo sucks
Anikalia,I said this to some other members on this board and I will say it again-switch to fotki!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i did it too!!!! yeah hers is doin what mine did...every single dang time i posted it here...it went down
....*middle finger* @yahoo

anikalia

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
i did it too!!!! yeah hers is doin what mine did...every single dang time i posted it here...it went down

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I haven't had this problem before. It's back up now. BTW Irresistible your hair is the bomb!

renee_n_3000

I can see the pictures now. That roller set is gorgeous!

It was nice of the girl at the salon to let you take her picture. You and the other girls in the last photo are very pretty.

zora

(sigh) I can't see it either. I'm really getting upset. Thank goodness I remember your pics from before.

Anikalia, what relaxer do you use. Do you texterize your own hair?

Irresistible

P],??anikalia said:[/b]
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I haven't had this problem before. It's back up now. BTW Irresistible your hair is the bomb!

[/ QUOTE ]

omg its down again....whats up with yahoo lately? they done lost their minds trippin like this all the time. thank you gurl im really tryin to see yours still

nbcgurl22

I just saw it and your hair is soooo beautiful!!! How long have you been growing it out??? Also in your album you mentioned using butterfly clips to reduce shrinkage - could you explain this more??

Thanks for sharing

Cleo

[ QUOTE ]
Scasey said:
Your hair is beautiful with both the Blowout and natural!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!!!

anikalia

Thank you thank you thank you!

Zora hey long time no "see"
. I use Hawaiiain Silky Mild Lye relaxer mixed with conditioner (Suave). I prefer using a cholesterol type conditioner so the consistency isn't as runny. I've been doing it myself for about 2 1/2 years. However, I usually err on the side of caution and underprocess. I've had too many bad experiences in the past with overlapping and stringy sections.

NBCGirl Thanks I've been growing my hair out from a chemical disaster in June 2000. It's on the way! To stretch out your hair with a butterfly clip, grab a section of dry hair, and aim the clip so the teeth are vertical and clamp together near the ends of the section of hair. All the hair should be in the clip and behind the teeth. I usually put them in right before I head out and take them out when I am on my way out of the car. Am I making sense?

I'm shampooing the blowout today, it's starting to look and feel old.

skegeesmb

I can't see the pictures either. This is the second time I've tried, it says can't find the server. I really want to see them too.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I can see your pics now! Your hair is looking beautiful and healthy as always

Girl, you look like Sherry Headley (the woman from Coming to America that Eddie Murphy married in the movie) Any relation?