New Addition to DR Line - Damage Remedy Leave in!!!

LushLox

Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair

Our daily leave-in treatment instantly repairs damaged hair by 26%*, helps protects from heat styling and detangles to help prevent further damage.

• Certified organically-derived quinoa protein penetrates hair to instantly repair damage and strengthen from the inside out.
  • Wheat protein helps protect from heat styling—such as blow-drying and ironing.
  • Soy-derived oil detangles to help prevent further damage and breakage
  • Certified organic essential oils including bergamot, mandarin and ylang ylang provide an uplifting aroma.

This new product is not for sale yet (although it is in the UK) but I believe you can get samples from the Aveda website. If this is half as good as the DR Treatment, I will be buying this, I can't imagine how good these two products work together. :grin:

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
oooh, I love the DR condish, maybe I'll try this when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Mimi22

OOOoOo i saw this in a mag and was gonna go out and buy it today.

ETA: jus called aveda it's here!!! :)

Last edited:

LushLox

Oooh Mimi have you bought it yet? :grin:

God when I use both the shampoo and treatment my hair feels so good, you wouldn't think it was a protein treatment. I would be nice finally to use one line together as they were meant to be used. I cannot wait to pick this up!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

God when I use both the shampoo and treatment my hair feels so good, you wouldn't think it was a protein treatment. I would be nice finally to use one line together as they were meant to be used. I cannot wait to pick this up!!!

Let me know Tee. I haven't tried any of the Aveda except the Brilliante Line.

Mimi22

:grin: Yup! I'm gonna do a henna gloss tonight and then give it a whirl. I'm so excited! I'm proud that i only left with the leave in and with nothing else :look:

LushLox

4.2 Ounces:nono: for $30.99+shipping...

I'd rather get the 16 ounces.:blush:

ETA: And it only got 3 and not even a half stars.....I'll pass (for now).

To be fair the size is deceiving, that tube lasts a loooonggg time - well it did for me.

Well it's probably just as well - you do NOT need anymore stuff! :lol:

I'm proud of you girl. :yep: I've had a couple of months of very good behaviour, not bought much at all, but that old demon is rearing it's head again!

Muse

I got a voucher for a free sample of this in the mail yesterday. If you have an Aveda store near you sign up to get on the mailing list when you buy something. They will send you vouchers for free samples. I get them all the time and I have a nice little collection of Aveda samples. I don't even purchase their products anymore and they keep sending me the vouchers still.

Mimi22

Well, I'm back :grin:

I used the leave in and I really like it. (i wont use "love" till I've used it a few more times)
Last night I clarified, did a henna gloss (40minutes), DC'd (45minutes), and used the leave-in with castor oil.

The leave in is really light and actually moisturises! It's been 24 hours since I used just the leave in (and castor oil) and it's still soft. I was afraid of the quinoa protein, but it had no "crunch effect" after it dried, so thats good :)

It's not greasy, or oily or too heavy. As for detangling, I cant really say: I detangle in the shower with a thick condish.

Pros: I can find it locally and does a really good job at keeping my hair smooth and soft. The ingredients are really lovely and the smell doesnt linger nor is it overpowering. I'm only loyal (and have!) one other leave in: Kinky kurly knot today. Every other leave in never has impressed me :ohwell: So with Aveda's DR doing such a great job, who knows it might become a staple!

Cons: Price. Of course, its a tad expensive - 18pounds. I wish I can compare it with something else, but there's nothing I can think of. Maybe after a while, I'll have an epiphany! :lachen:

LushLox

I've not bought this yet but will buy it this weekend. I notice they put the price up for the DR treatment. I need to buy the whole line now because my shampoo has just run out - I daren't tally up how much that lot is going to set me back!!

Zawaj

I've not bought this yet but will buy it this weekend. I notici have e they put the price up for the DR treatment. I need to buy the whole line now because my shampoo has just run out - I daren't tally up how much that lot is going to set me back!!

I need to re-up too! I gave my DR poo and condish to my MIL *clutches pearls at myself* so all I have left is the treatment.

Solitude

Man, I really want to try this. I love Aveda, but I'm on a personal no-buy challenge right now....I'll probably go by the store and get a sample. I still have some Damage Remedy, Dry Remedy, Scalp Benefits, and some glossifier that I haven't used in a while.

anon123

Once I start my new job next month, I'm might try this. I had very good results from the intensive treatment.