Aveda's secret ingredient

tnorenberg said:
I went to Camden Grey on Tuesday and picked up some babassu oil, among other things to add to the recipe I got from Sareca for the moisturizer.

Oooooo, let me know how it goes!

Last edited:
ms jadu said:
SP, I agree with Sareca. Meadow foam is probably one of the best moisturizing oils. I have read a ton of websites on oils saying this oil is superior. Doesn't have the UV protection like the Raspberry and Broccoli oils though :(

I don't have the Meadowfoam, but I'm struggling not to spend any more money. I bought that Bassau butter not knowing what to do with it. I got frustrated and just sold it. Oh, well. I can always buy it again! :sekret:

Oh, and I really love the raspberry and broccoli seed oils so much! I use them daily. Broccoli in the morning. Raspberry in the evening. I seal with them! So light and make my hair BLING!!! :yep:

sareca said:
I know people say oils don't moisturize, but WhaTever! That stuff moisturizes!

UV protection from raspberry oil you say? I need some UV protection in my red palm cream. Does it smell like raspberries?

Get over to FNWL and get the red raspberry and broccoli seed oils. Thanks so much to Ms. Jadu. My hair is blinging and healthy looking. I use them daily especially in this blazing D.C. sun to protect the hair. I also love the Omega's in them and the fact that they are very light oils. ;)

ms jadu said:
Hey Girly!

I'm glad you coming out and posting more. Babassu oil is one of the best oils to use for moisturizing. Looks like it is working well.

Hey there miss jadu, now i am interested in the meadowfoam...

sareca said:

UV protection from raspberry oil you say? I need some UV protection in my red palm cream. Does it smell like raspberries?

I'm not to sure if FNWL smells like Rasperry because I samples some oils made by my friend. However, I don't remember a fruity smell or any strong smell for that matter.

G'wan girl, Hook up your Red Creme with this.lol

sareca said:

It doesn't smell like raspberries, but it does have a nice, light smell.

tnorenberg said:
I went to Camden Grey on Tuesday and picked up some babassu oil, among other things to add to the recipe I got from Sareca for the moisturizer.

Please share.

I bought babassu oil about six months ago from Saratoga Scents (not great customer service at all, BTW) and added to my mix of moisturizing/hydrating conditioners and it really greatly enhanced what was already a very moisturizing conditioner cocktail. I agree on the meadowfoam oil; it is a great oil. It can be a tiny bit pricey, but it can be stretched by adding another oil to it as meadowfoam will actually enhance/ameliorate an inferior oil.

adw425 said:
I bought babassu oil about six months ago from Saratoga Scents (not great customer service at all, BTW) and added to my mix of moisturizing/hydrating conditioners and it really greatly enhanced what was already a very moisturizing conditioner cocktail. I agree on the meadowfoam oil; it is a great oil. It can be a tiny bit pricey, but it can be stretched by adding another oil to it as meadowfoam will actually enhance/ameliorate an inferior oil.

I'm having a hard time finding the usage rate. Any idea?

where do you get the meadowfoam oil?

The babassu oil feels heavy. I have fine hair so I need to keep it lite.

Oh my goodness! You're so right. I replaced the coconut oil with babassu oil and :wow:
The difference was amazing. I will NOT be adding the coconut oil back.

Back