Anyone else notice this?

Hair Peace

The hair on one side of your head is thicker than the other. My left side is WAY THICKER than the right side. I feel like the right side is 4a and the left side is 4b. Why is that? Does anyone know?:confused:

caligirl

My right side is way thicker and healthier. I figure because that's the side I sleep on and all the blood and nutrients go to that side while I'm sleeping.

HoneyDew

My left and right have 2 different textures. The left is more coarse and seems thicker, but it does not grow as fast as the right side.

SweetNic_JA

It sounds like this is a common occurence. I have the same problem and I've heard this from many other people as well. In addition to a difference in thickness, the growth rate is also different.

Hair Peace

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Same here, but ain't the right side of the body bigger than the other also, it's not noticeable though.

That's just it..I'm right handed..so why is the left side thicker??

Hair Peace

HoneyDew said:
My left and right have 2 different textures. The left is more coarse and seems thicker, but it does not grow as fast as the right side.

Same here, except the left side grows faster too.

Hair Peace

caligirl said:
My right side is way thicker and healthier. I figure because that's the side I sleep on and all the blood and nutrients go to that side while I'm sleeping.

I think my stylist mentioned something like that to me too, but she said the thinner side was b/c that IS the side I sleep.:perplexed

Sassygoddess

Hair Peace said:
The hair on one side of your head is thicker than the other. My left side is WAY THICKER than the right side. I feel like the right side is 4a and the left side is 4b. Why is that? Does anyone know?:confused:

I do, and it's driving me crazy. especially when i wear a wrap. any suggestions

Sassygoddess

HoneyDew said:

i have the same thing. last month my right side(the thinner straighter side) was down to my breast and my left side(thicker and more resistant side) was at my collar bone. i was so mad:mad: i had to cut the right side to evening it out.

Healthb4Length

The hair on my left side is softer than the hair on my right side and grows faster, relaxes (texturizes) better, and curls better. I've always taught this was weird, but I wonder if it has anything to do with your heart being on the left side of the body, although blood flows thru our veins throughout our bodies, the left side gets a stronger amount of blood (nutrients) etc and maybe that would affect the way our hair grows on that side as well?:confused: :look:

gn1g

It's very annoying the left side is about 1.5 - 2" longer than my right side but I think I sleep on the left side. I really don't want to cut it.

sweetcashew

The right side of my hair is thicker, softer and grows at an alarming rate. No matter how much I trim it to even it up it just outgrows the right side. I use to be frustrated but now I've just learned to accept it.

gorgeoushair

I guess I'm not the only one. My left side grows faster, is longer and thicker. It's very irritating. I tried sleeping on the right side but it's hard.