Need Help with weave.

tess1913

I am getting my weave sewn in on Saturday. I am in desperate need of a perm should I go ahead and relax it or wait and just smooth down the edges? Will it damage my hair too much.
Also if you ladies have any suggestions on rather inexpensive hair. I want to ge a slightly elevated bob (similar to Rihanna) so it will get cut.

I would really appreciate any help.

InquiringMind

If you are getting a full head sew in I would suggest just perming your edges. That's what I do. But, it also depends on how long it's been since ur last perm of if you want to perm your edges. You don't want the edges to break off.

Also, some inexpensive hair that I like and it doesn't tangle is the Beverly Johnson Yaki straight hair. It doesn't tangle but, the only problem I had with it was shedding.

glamazon386

Is any of your hair going to be left out? If you perm it, you should probably wait a week or two before getting the weave. If you're getting all your hair covered, it doesnt really matter. Are you getting straight hair? Outre new platinum yaki is pretty good. That's what I always bought when I was relaxed because it matched my fine hair. One of my friends always buys Milky Way because her hair is kind of coarse and that hair matches her texture better. You might want to go to the BSS and look at a few brands and see which one will blend with your hair the best, if you're leaving hair out. If you're getting all your hair covered it doesn't really matter.

Monilove122

Do not perm your hair entire head just the hair that will be left out for blending. Pulling too tightly on freshly relaxed hair could cause your hair to literally snap right at the roots from the tension (if it's really tight). I've been wearing clip-ins for a while now using Harlem 125 hair. I LOVE it and the shedding has been minimal. I love it.

OT: InquiringMind - CONGRATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY GIRL!!! When are you due?

tess1913

Thank You ladies I will be wearing the front edges out and where the hair will be parted. I will check these brands out. I won't relax it, ith ought that may have been pushing the envelope a little too much. I plan on wearing it in a bob so I don't want the hair to be too thick off of my head.