Need help making a huge puff like babyblue

GodMadeMePretty

My daughter's hair can make a huge puff. I know - I wash it and it does that. But when I use the ouchless ponytail holder's, I end up with a puny puff. Puny in the sense that I want it to cover more of her head. I don't want a ponytail puff. If I do like 4 ponytail puffs, it looks more like I want it because I position them in the right way. Am I making much sense?

When I experimented the other night, I took a pair of her tights and pulled her hair back and it did what I wanted. Can you all tell me what I need to buy - a cloth headband, what???!?!?!?

TIA!

Shatani

i use pantyhose...just slice the leg off...it gives me more control than using my scarf....and when i use black it disappears!

i would do it with the tights, and then you can dress it up with any kind of headband you want...i do that, and people think that the puny little headband is all thats holding this massive thing back! yeah right! hahahaha...

i dont think my puff can compare to babyblue's just yet though....HTH
~T~

babyblue

Hi,

Like shatani said you can use cut up strips from the legs of pantyhose or use some of those extra large round elastic headbands from goody or scuncii placing them around the head and keep pushing it back till u get the desired puff. you can also one of those bra-strap headbands and keep tightening it till you get a good size puff. Another alternative is to use a small scarf in a silky fabric, fold it in a triangle and roll it, place in the back of head horizontally, then bring it towards the front and cross it tightening it and bringing the ends towards the back securing it by either tucking the ends or tieing it. I hope that made sense. I like the scarf method best because it eventually loosens up after a few hours and you dont put as much stress on the hairline. HTH

GodMadeMePretty

Thank you ladies. And Shatani, if that's you in your avatar, your poof is slammin' too, girl. Don't be modest.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a brastrap headband? And I like that scarf idea.

Shatani

they are these cute little headbands (usually satin) that are adjustable like our bra straps....they sell them it stores like Claires and ive also seen them at fashion bug...

and thank you!!

~T~

DelightfulFlame

I like brastrap headbands. You can also try the "Pookeylou puff holder" designed by a member here. Her album has simple instructions on how to make one with a goody ouchless headband.

If you use pantyhose/knee high...be sure not to use too often b/c they can cause breakage.