Need Advice---Thinking about Big Chop

Selene

I have been transitioning three months now, before the transition, I cut my shoulder length hair to a chin length bob. Well now I got a lot of thick natural hair and these two textures are maddening. I have a big head, so I don't want to do the TWA (although it looks great on some women). I am thinking about big chopping and putting in invisible braids. Originally I wanted to cut an inch of relaxed hair for every inch of natural hair and transition slowly, but my hair is so tangled and its hard to do anything with because of the hair style I have (the short bob, that's shorter in the back than in the front). Any advice????

Last edited:

inthepink

Could you continue longer using the phony pony? Adrienne wears her hair like this most of the time and she is not even transitioning. If this is an easy style for you, why not do it? Most transitioners are wearing their hair in ponytails or buns anyway.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
well if you want braids why not used the braids to get some growth then cut your hair? or just continue with the ponys until you get some length

TigerLily

blaxalrose, I would do would the other ladies suggested above. If you really want to grow 3 more inches, wear your phony pony or get braids without cutting your hair. nothing wrong with that. Just make sure that you're keeping your hair properly moisturized.

You could even do braidouts, twistouts, and rollersets while your transitioning, too.