Dry Moisturizer??

yodie

I'm natural and would like to apply some type of moisturizer to my hair/ends daily. Is there some type of dry moisturizer out there that isn't water based and won't leave my hair frizzy or greasy?

Thanks.

So do you mean you want an oil based moisturizer? Or maybe a light butter would be better since they won't be creamy or "wet"?

I know in this thread a lot of naturals were talking about using coconut oil on straight hair because it doesn't cause reversion. Another option may be Elasta QP Mango butter (I've never used it though so I can't say for sure).

I just recently started using Jane Carter Nourish & Shine and as long as I don't use too much it's not greasy at all, just soft. And it smells good. My mom got it from the Whole Foods on Sepulveda by the 405 (near Valley Vista).

So do you mean you want an oil based moisturizer? Or maybe a light butter would be better since they won't be creamy or "wet"?

I know in this thread a lot of naturals were talking about using coconut oil on straight hair because it doesn't cause reversion. Another option may be Elasta QP Mango butter (I've never used it though so I can't say for sure).

I just recently started using Jane Carter Nourish & Shine and as long as I don't use too much it's not greasy at all, just soft. And it smells good. My mom got it from the Whole Foods on Sepulveda by the 405 (near Valley Vista).

Thanks, msa. These are great suggestions.

Do you use Nourish and Shine on your ends or the entire strand?

I always thought coconut oil would leave my hair greasy and solidify on my hair. I'll check out that thread.

I love JC Nourish and Shine on my scalp. It's not greasy at all and it's very lightweight. Never thought about using it on my hair. Thanks for the heads up on that Whole Foods. The one on Riverside doesn't have anything good.

I have Mango butter, but that seems like it cause my hair to revert.

So, I'll try Nourish and Shine and/or coconut oil first.

Thanks, msa. These are great suggestions.

Do you use Nourish and Shine on your ends or the entire strand?

I always thought coconut oil would leave my hair greasy and solidify on my hair. I'll check out that thread.

I love JC Nourish and Shine on my scalp. It's not greasy at all and it's very lightweight. Never thought about using it on my hair. Thanks for the heads up on that Whole Foods. The one on Riverside doesn't have anything good.

I have Mango butter, but that seems like it cause my hair to revert.

So, I'll try Nourish and Shine and/or coconut oil first.

The Whole Foods on Riverside does not have a very good beauty aisle at all. The one on Sepulveda literally just got their JC shipment. I'm pretty sure the last time they had any was several months ago.

Coconut oil solidifies at room temp...on your hair it shouldn't unless it's really really cold outside (and it's not going to get that cold anytime soon here).

I used the JC on all of my hair and loved it. Here's my post of the first time I used it last week http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=8617958&postcount=82.

my hair loves ellin lavar's nourish oil, its very light and non greasy i usually put a bit on my ends at night and in the morning my hair looks fab

it used to be available at cvs but now only on her website which is a pity

Checked out your thread. Great results and doesn't look greasy at all. JC NS does have a great smell. Okay, I'm gonna try JC Nourish and Shine and Coconut oil to see which one I love the best. I love that these products are local and affordable.
Guess I'll start going to WF on Sepulveda from now on. I was actually going over to LA to get Nourish and Shine.

my hair loves ellin lavar's nourish oil, its very light and non greasy i usually put a bit on my ends at night and in the morning my hair looks fab

it used to be available at cvs but now only on her website which is a pity

Thanks Skipper.

Checked out your thread. Great results and doesn't look greasy at all. JC NS does have a great smell. Okay, I'm gonna try JC Nourish and Shine and Coconut oil to see which one I love the best. I love that these products are local and affordable.
Guess I'll start going to WF on Sepulveda from now on. I was actually going over to LA to get Nourish and Shine.

Girl, ain't nothin' affordable about the JC:lachen:. But we all have to make sacrifices for our hair. I'm going to try to scrounge some change up to get another jar. I don't know if the WF will keep a steady supply.

Girl, ain't nothin' affordable about the JC:lachen:. But we all have to make sacrifices for our hair. I'm going to try to scrounge some change up to get another jar. I don't know if the WF will keep a steady supply.

Now you know I meant castor oil. JC is crazy expensive. I use that stuff sparingly!! :yep:

Vatika oil softens my hair nicely. Lately I have been rubbing a little through my hair and using it to lube my flexi comb and barrettes/clips.

SheScentIt.com's Seyani Hair Butter would work great for you. :heart2::heart2: It is VERY light weight and will not revert your hair. A little goes a long way.

yhst-15648567608518_1997_1752208.png

Description
Nourish your strands with this delicious whipped butter. Shea Butter ,blended with Avocado oil, Macadamia nut, rosemary, kiwi and grape seed, and other essential oils to promote healthy growth . Natural ingredients improve texture, shine and manageability while revitalizing hair and scalp. Help strengthen hair to prevent breakage and tangles. Leaves hair feeling soft and natural looking. Won't weight down your tresses.

Last edited:
Back