Naturals will my hair grow back?

rsmith

:ohwell:Righ now I am transitioning and I have not had a perm for 1year. My hair is half and half right now. I gues I am a little pass shoulder length. The two textures are really depressing me. I want to cut them off but I fear my hair wont grow back. Some people say that the natural hair will grow faster once the perm is gone. Can someone tell me their hair growth once they BC. I am 3c

Valerie

Your hair will grow back, if you look at my early pictures. PS word in profile. My hair was cut very short and look at it now. Good nutrition, sleep, rest, using quality products, will help grow you hair, some ladies are using the Mega Tek and Ovation Cell therapy products and many are getting good results.

Kurly K

ur hair will grow back...check my fotki i bc 5 months ago and my hair has been growin pretty fast i think

cocomama

Yes!!! Your hair will definitely grow back in full force:grin: Check out my fotki's when you get a chance. Start with www.fotki.com/sephus to see the beginning,then go to www.fotki.com/sephus4 to see the difference 4 yrs make.I even have a before and after pic in my current folder.Trust me your head will love you for it! Just make sure you begin to educate yourself now.
Oh yeah my current pw is seafuss

Hope this helps!

~~HoneyComb~~

With proper care and the information you get from this board, your hair is going to grow to lengths you didn't think was possible! There are lots of ladies here that can attest to that.

BostonMaria

There's no reason why your hair won't grow back. My hair hasn't grown any faster than it did when I was relaxed, but I'm able to retain length. I couldn't go past shoulder length before because of set backs (scissor happy stylists, relaxers left in too long, etc) and now I'm approaching BSL. I chopped off my hair last year. Now if you neglect your hair of course it'll cause breakage. Give it the proper TLC and it'll blossom.

Here is a Youtube video I made a few days ago for my one year anniversary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9THIsYrX4U

Or you can visit my Fotki by clicking on my profile

Cichelle

Of course your hair will grow back! If you take proper care of it you will retain that growth. I did the big chop over three years ago after a fourteen month transition. My hair is now past hip length when stretched. Just take care of your hair and have patience and you will see how it will grow.

rsmith

thanks I guess, I am just getting paranoid. It took me so long to grow my hair long. Now, it seems like I have to chop it off. However, I am determined to be natural. I feel like its the best way to go for my hair.

chocolate01

Of course your hair will grow back! If you take proper care of it you will retain that growth. I did the big chop over three years ago after a fourteen month transition. My hair is now past hip length when stretched. Just take care of your hair and have patience and you will see how it will grow.

I agree with the bolded. I big chopped over three years ago also and my hair is longer now than before I started my transition. It may take time but it will grow.

crazydaze911

There's no reason why your hair won't grow back. My hair hasn't grown any faster than it did when I was relaxed, but I'm able to retain length. I couldn't go past shoulder length before because of set backs (scissor happy stylists, relaxers left in too long, etc) and now I'm approaching BSL. I chopped off my hair last year. Now if you neglect your hair of course it'll cause breakage. Give it the proper TLC and it'll blossom.

Here is a Youtube video I made a few days ago for my one year anniversary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9THIsYrX4U

Or you can visit my Fotki by clicking on my profile

You're hair growth is AMAZING. HOW??????? Thats alot of hair for just 1 year! i'm jealous here.........