Naturals who wash and go....

Qualitee

What are your steps?

I assume you

Wash
Add leave-in
Seal with oils
Gel and then go:lol:

If you use gel, what happens when you need to moisturize again? Do you put your moisturizer and or oils over the gel that you had in your hair since yesterday? or Do you wash and go again?

firecracker

I wash, condition, moisturize and add styling products. When I need to remoisturize I spritz with water and add a lite moisturizer. I use Miss Jessies styling and moisturizing products or Jheri Curl moisturizer & juice 98% of the time. If I use IC clear gel I spritz with water and use Nexus Humectress to moisture in between washes.

EllePixie

I usually don't seal. Most of the time I just do a leave-in + styler (not always gel) + finisher (if my hair feels too stiff or I want extra moisture). When my hair dries, I fluff my hair with a moisturizer. If I feel like going for second day hair I just spritz with water, and then when that dries I'll fluff with a moisturizer again.

Amoreofcurls

What are your steps?

I assume you

Wash
Add leave-in
Seal with oils
Gel and then go

YEP

If you use gel, what happens when you need to moisturize again? I smooth some argon oil on the length of my hair, then scrunch giovanni direct leave in into my ends

Do you put your moisturizer and or oils over the gel that you had in your hair since yesterday?
Yep, I made sure my hair was deep conditioned and properly moisturized before applying that gel so it really isnt an issue...

or Do you wash and go again? I dont wash n go again until my hair looses all its volume...

lacreolegurl

I'm a wash and go natural. I pretty much wash each day...use my Aussie Moist as a leave-in and finish up by sectioning and using my Shea Moisture curl milk and a little Elasta QP setting lotion.

If I could figure out how to maintain my hair at night without it flattening, I probably wouldn't wash as much.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i dont "wash n go" per se. but when i do wear my hair in a naturally curly state this is what i do

-section my hair into 4-5 large sections.
- rinse the hair with water or cowash and fully rinse it out.
-lightly towel dry to remove excess water. (i find too much water will dilute the clumping effect of the folowing step.)
- starting from the back i appy a thick product that clumps my hair.(i prefer conditioner as of now. but i have used gel and cremes with sucess)
-rake it though with my fingers and then do a final smoothing with both my hands on each side as if my hands were a flat iron.lol
-repeat until done. then i airdry and shake for volume once dry.

my hair is usually nice and defined and very soft. plus i do not get tangles or knots when i do the final smoothing step.

i dont use gel or cremes because i find it hard to do back to back wash n goes. with them. i would have to shampoo the gel out because they always create cottage cheese with my conditioner. my wash n goes last for 1-3 days

Last edited:

chinadoll

I co-wash, I moisturize my hair with mane and tail hair strengthener spray and bb castor oil cream (jar), and fruit of the earth aloe Vera gel. My hair stays soft throughout the day, which is great. For the next day, I either co-wash and repeat everything or I take a spray bottle of water, detangle my hair gently and apply the creme and gel. I also blow-dry my hair on low to prevent shrinkage.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm a daily wash & goer. I cowash and completely wash the conditioner out, spray leave in, moisturize, and seal with a serum. That's it. If I remember I refresh at some point during the day with Oyin's Juices & Berries, or Curls Lavish Curls, or Hairveda's Hydrasilica.

snillohsss

I wash, scrunch, put a bit of conditioner and Oyin Hair dew on my roots and ends, then add Mixed Chicks hair silk and go. I usually have to refresh towards the end of the day.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I try not to wash and go too many days in a row because its not the wash and go that causes issues, its the night care. So I wash and go no more than two days in a row.

When I do, I wash, leave-in, moisturize/oil and style.

iri9109

*cowash
*turbie twist for about 15 minutes
*spray with aloe spritz or add a light leave in (mixed silk or oyin hair dew)
*apply gel or pomade to tame the frizzies up top/front
*sometimes seal with a light oil (add a lil oil to my palms, rub and smooth over my hair)
*shake
*go

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I spray my hair with my water/glycerin mix and baggy at night. Then in the morning, I remove my baggy, add more gel if needed, shake, style (puff usually) and go. I'm usually good with this routine up to five days.

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
If I had to do all that I'd be late to everyday. All I do is:
Cowash.
Apply the same conditioner I used to to cowash as a leave in.
Seal with oil ( maybe 50% of the time).

I wash n go because it's easy. If it takes any longer than 5 mins it cannot be my daily style.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lacreolegurl

I spray my hair with my water/glycerin mix and baggy at night. Then in the morning, I remove my baggy, add more gel if needed, shake, style (puff usually) and go. I'm usually good with this routine up to five days.

Thanks for this...I've never tried to baggy at night. Maybe that would save my wash and gos. *trying tonight*:yep:

Mrs. Verde

I cowash and finger detangle in the shower.

Get out towel blot hair and add a conditioner, it depends what I am using that day. I usually use two different conditioners. I am not the best at sealing (I need to get better). These days I am using my beloved care free curl activator. Does using activator count as sealing *shurgs* When it is really cold outside, I seal with a butter. Now that is warming I use steer away from heave butters.

SheenaVee

I co wash.
Don't rinse out all the condish
Add gel or whatever product.

I do nothing to it, except tie it up in a ponytail at night, or I co wash again the next day.

Whimsy

wash (or cowash)
moisturize with cantu
coconut oil only on my ends and the front roots
apply carols daughter hair milk
go

some days instead of hair milk i'll use mixed chicks

snillohsss

MyAngelEyez~C~U I just wanted to tell you the baggy at night is the BOMB! I have done this for the past two days, and each day my curls are SWANGING until the end of the day without reviving them with water. Before, my hair would swell up by mid-day, but I just dealt with it.

Just wanted to say THANKS!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
  • Wash with shampoo + conditioner or conditioner only.
  • Finger comb hair gently.
  • Rinse.
  • Press/wring out excess water with my hands while still in the shower.
  • Twist my hair up and put it in a towel while I dry the rest of my body.
  • Put some carrot oil cream in my hair.
  • Seal with avocado butter.
  • Let hair air dry.

Your Cheeziness

Sounds like a great plan, I'm going to try this. I look like Gumby the next morning sleeping on my wash n go.

kandake

Cowash
Leave-in
Moisturizer
Oil

If I'm using gel I apply after the moisturizer.

I usually co wash daily. If not I spritz with water and apply oil. If my hair is dry I'll add moisturizer too.

AHeadOfCoils

Shampoo/Condition or just Co-wash
Add a leave-in and ring out excess water
Slap on the gel
Spray my hair with a little bit of water
Shake it like a dog and Go!

I baggy at night if I feel like getting second day hair. If not, I throw my bonnet on and repeat the steps the next day.