Naturals that use gel...

NitaChantell

What is your regimen?

My TWA is starting to grow, and I've discovered a method and product that helps my curls pop, and that will hopefully get me through the upcoming awkward length. Prior to that I was a daily co-washer. I can still moisturize my hair at night with Shea Butter, but I don't wanna co-wash everyday because I'd be wasting product, since the gel I use lasts for days in my hair [I apply it fully day one, then days 2-6 I just re-wet my hair and gel my edges].

How do you use gel? How often do you apply it, do you co-wash daily, how do you moisturize, etc? TIA:grin:

Soliel185

I only use gel on wet hair after I wash or co-wash. On the days afterward I moisturize with s-curl and I refresh my curls with a mixture of water and aloe vera juice or a little stay-soft- fro in the mornings.

I co-wash once a week or so. I have a lot of hair, it stays wet a VERY long time, and I've found it's best to leave it alone. :yep:

lil_xelle

I also use gel on wet hair and depending on my style, I usually wait a day or two before i wash it out. For second or third day styles i usually re wet my hair and add some s- curl or care free curl and then style .

C(squared)

I co-wash and leave a little bit of the conditioner in my hair. I use Eco-Styler gel (the clear kind) and pull my hair into a ponytail with the ends tucked in. I find that I get the best results on wet hair. This is my go-to style everyday. Also I do co-wash everyday, so the gel from the previous day gets washed out in the co-wash. HTH

Sianna

On the days that I choose to define my curls, I use ORS lock and twist gel, and typically wear the curly look for a couple of days. At night, I tie my hair down and in the mornings, I revive my curls with a generous spritzing of water, and then go over that with a spritzing of Sta Sof Fro.

Lately though, I've been wearing my hair fluffed out a little more often. On those days, I usually co-wash in the morning and then towel dry, add a little conditioner as a leave-in, and then add some CFCG for added moisture. I still usually gel my edges with some Eco Styler gel, and pull my hair into a mini-puff.

The next day, I usually just re-wet my hair by spritzing with water and Sta Sof Fro.

HTH! :grin:

yardyspice

Which gel are you using?

What is your regimen?

My TWA is starting to grow, and I've discovered a method and product that helps my curls pop, and that will hopefully get me through the upcoming awkward length. Prior to that I was a daily co-washer. I can still moisturize my hair at night with Shea Butter, but I don't wanna co-wash everyday because I'd be wasting product, since the gel I use lasts for days in my hair [I apply it fully day one, then days 2-6 I just re-wet my hair and gel my edges].

How do you use gel? How often do you apply it, do you co-wash daily, how do you moisturize, etc? TIA:grin: