How do you like it

• Lurve it

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Hated it (with 2 snaps)

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donewit-it

I thought I hated it at first, but then realized I loved it. The trick was I can only use it on wet hair. Its too much if I put it in my hair once its dry.

I guess I have to try it again, because it was really stickly for me. I don't remember if I used it on wet or dry hair. I did know there was a reason that I did not throw it away.
:grin:

La Colocha

32 oz?????????? Wow, I need to get me some of that! :lick:

I had no clue they made such huge bottles! How much did it cost?

La Colocha, that's the same bottle as the smaller 14 in 1, don't worry :)

Hi tiffers i saw it at paynes beauty supply i just googled hawaiian silky. I have never purchased from them so i don't know anything about them.

Shoot with yall they might be sold out. I called my local bss and the owner said that people have been coming in from out of town to buy this stuff. She can't keep it on the shelf, she was like i wonder what's going on. I was thinking tiffers:rolleyes::lachen:lol.

Eta: Im sorry the 32oz is at texas beauty supply for $10 something i had paynes on my mind because i looked at that site first.

Last edited:

Determined22

32 oz?????????? Wow, I need to get me some of that! :lick:

I had no clue they made such huge bottles! How much did it cost?

La Colocha, that's the same bottle as the smaller 14 in 1, don't worry :)

I got it at a local BSS for like $12. It doesn't have the spray top though, its a regular pour top.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I currently use the HS 14n1 on dry hair, makes my hair really soft!! I also use their HS gel "dry look" sometimes. The gel is very moisturizing and doesn't flake at all for me.

carmella25

HI GIRLS,
I LOVE THIS STUFF. IVE BEEN TRANSITIONING SINCE JUNE 2008 AND I DISCOVERED THISPRODUCT @ SALLYS. I USE IT ON MY WET HAIR,DRY HAIR, WHEN I HAVE EXTENSIONS IN ILL USE IT. ITS A REALLY GOOD PRODUCT. I EVEN USE IT AS A HEAT PROTECTANT BEFORE I USE ANY TYPE OF HEAT LIKE THE BLOW DRYER. HTH

La Colocha

I found it, I went to a sally's about 25 minutes away from me:look:. They had one bottle left. I just had to get it. Ill try it this weekend after my wash. Even if it doesn't work for me im glad alot of ladies have found a good moisturizer. My local bss has the dry look gel and detangler but the only problem is that these don't have ingredients on the back so i left them where they were.

Naturefreegirl

This thing is so great, Instead of using Gel i spray it on my sides and brush it , itdoes the trick every time. I also grew out my nape with it. I got that tip from tiffers

Thanks Babe

200AndOne

I love this stuff! I use it on dry hair before i twist/braid for the night. Next morning = soft, moisturized tresses.

La Colocha

Ok i could not wait until the weekend. I could not help myself, I co washed my hair and used this by itself. At first i thought my hair was not liking it a few minutes later my hair started to get soft. I am really surprised how well this works. I have never been able to use anything with mineral oil in it. So far im liking it i used it twice yesterday morning and night and once today. It is really thick so i just sprayed it in my hand and applied it to my hair. I also like the smell. My little ones hair is loving this too. Im going to use this bottle until its gone to really see how my hair likes it. But so far it is a keeper.The only thing that i am worried about it that it is not easy to find here. Thanks to tiffers and everyone for their feedback i appreciate it.

donewit-it

The first time I used this product, I thought it was too sticky for my WnGs.

Last night, I sprayed each section of hair to be twisted. When I finished I felt my hair was still sticky. This morning my hair is stiff. Not sure if I used too much. But I don't like it on my hair.

To not let it go to waste, I'll try it on my daughter's relaxed hair.

200AndOne

The first time I used this product, I thought it was too sticky for my WnGs.

Last night, I sprayed each section of hair to be twisted. When I finished I felt my hair was still sticky. This morning my hair is stiff. Not sure if I used too much. But I don't like it on my hair.

To not let it go to waste, I'll try it on my daughter's relaxed hair.

aww, i'm sorry you didn't like it. did you use anything else along w/ it?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Finally a product that lessens the tackiness of KCCC! I will never run out of this if I can help it!:love:

Tinkerbell19

I have been using it faithfully for a few mths now thanks to advice from tiffers :grin:. I love it and I use it on both wet and dry natural styles and it makes my hair soooo moisturized and it smells yummy. :yep:

SEMO

These testimonies had me all set to run out to Sally's (and I am by no means a PJ). But I googled the product to look at the ingredients and saw that it has mineral oil in it. None of you have a problem with that?

I've been avoiding all products with mineral oil in them. To me, mineral oil would coat the hair over time and eventually make it drier. Nobody has had a problem with this?

kennedy1

KIKI
yes this stuff is the truth it really detangles my hair and it leaves it soft and bouncy:yay:Thanks for sharing this product with us Tiffers:yep:

La Colocha

These testimonies had me all set to run out to Sally's (and I am by no means a PJ). But I googled the product to look at the ingredients and saw that it has mineral oil in it. None of you have a problem with that?

I've been avoiding all products with mineral oil in them. To me, mineral oil would coat the hair over time and eventually make it drier. Nobody has had a problem with this?

Maybe the others can chime in as well but so far the mineral oil hasn't affected my hair. I was leary at first too because ive tried alot of products with mineral oil and my hair hated it immediatly, i don't know what it is but this feels different. Also my hair does not like glycerin but this contains it also. It may not work for everyone but its working for me so far.

Last edited:

SEMO

Maybe the others can chime in as well but so far the mineral oil hasn't affected my hair. I was leary at first too because ive tried alot of products with mineral oil and my hair hated it immediatly, i don't know what it is but this feels different. Also my hair does not like glycerin but this contains it also. It may not work for everyone but its working for me so far.
Thanks for the response. I have become so vigilant in avoiding mineral oil that even when I see it in non-hair stuff (like chapstick) it gives me pause.

But I found this about mineral oil:
mineral oil. Clear, odorless oil derived from petroleum that is widely used in cosmetics because it rarely causes allergic reactions and it cannot become a solid and clog pores. Despite mineral oil’s association with petroleum and the hype that it is bad for skin, keep in mind that petroleum is a natural ingredient derived from the earth and that once it becomes mineral oil USP (cosmetics- and pharmaceutical-grade mineral oil), it has no resemblance to the original petroleum. Cosmetics-grade mineral oil and petrolatum are considered the safest, most nonirritating moisturizing ingredients ever found (Sources: Cosmetics & Toiletries, January 2001, page 79; and Cosmetic Dermatology, September 2000, pages 44–46). Yes, they can keep air off the skin to some extent, but that’s what a good antioxidant is supposed to do; they don’t suffocate skin! Moreover, mineral oil and petrolatum are known to be efficacious in wound healing, and are also among the most effective moisturizing ingredients available (Source: Cosmetics & Toiletries, February 1998, pages 33–40).
From Paul Bergon's Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/dictionary_term.aspx?tid=1609&lid=520&term=mineral+oil

Maybe I've been too harsh on mineral oil. It's just that it's found in SO many whack products that are marketed to blacks. But I guess it's possible that it was the other things in those products (not really the mineral oil) that was causing them to be whack. Still, I wish I could get a sample size of it.

areneeh

Thank you ladies, I don't normally post (still new and learning), but I saw this thread. Yesterday I went to Sally's and purchased it. The girl at the counter told me someone came in a couple of days ago and bought some and told her she should be using it because quote "This stuff is the TRUTH!" I was looking for a moisturizer, currently using Neutrogena Triple Moisturizer. For the cost, it does not last long enough for me. Heres to hoping this is great for my hair!

La Colocha

Thank you ladies, I don't normally post (still new and learning), but I saw this thread. Yesterday I went to Sally's and purchased it. The girl at the counter told me someone came in a couple of days ago and bought some and told her she should be using it because quote "This stuff is the TRUTH!" I was looking for a moisturizer, currently using Neutrogena Triple Moisturizer. For the cost, it does not last long enough for me. Heres to hoping this is great for my hair!

I hope it works out for you. And welcome to posting. Let us know if you like it or not.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Now you know that you have to share. I have a little bit of a jar left. i thought about using the 2 together. spill it sista

I am so happy I brought this product. How I use it is I co wash first and put HS 14 on my wet hair as a leave in. After that, I put the KT and KCCC. When it dries, it is nice and soft. I also got really nice curl definition by using the HS 14 and cantu shea butter leave in. I think this mix will replace my KCCC altogether. I now have touchable soft natural hair that is thriving and growing. I am so happy to find this thread! Thanks to all who have threads like this!

Last edited:

La Colocha

I am so happy I brought this product. How I use it is I co wash first and put HS 14 on my wet hair as a leave in. After that, I put the KT and KCCC. When it dries, it is nice and soft. I also got really nice curl definition by using the HS 14 and cantu shea butter leave in. I think this mix will replace my KCCC altogether. I now have touchable soft natural hair that is thriving and growing. I am so happy to find this thread! Thanks to all who have threads like this!

Aww Nc im happy that you found products that you like. I always try to get as many opinions on a product that i can before i purchase and i have no regrets with this either. I don't think i have enough kccc to do my whole head. And i won't be repurchasing it. I might try the cantu, Ive used it before but those dang white balls, its a picky product. I also have s-curl texturizer gel that actually has a little hold i might try that and the 14-1 this weekend coming.

stargazer21

I'm not natural, but I am transitioning. I may even b/c as soon as this weekend. I went looking for 14-1 at two different Sally's, and finally found only one bottle left on the shelf. I used it last night, and the natural part of hair feels great. It's moisturized and soft, but it didn't do anything for my relaxed ends. I guess it's true for some people that certain products you used when you're relaxed won't necessarily work for your natural tresses. 14-1 might be a keeper for me.

Hairsofab

Yeah I love my Hawaiin Silky 14-1. I've been using it for about 6 months. Its the only thing that even kind of moisturizes my hair.