Hawaiian Silky Relaxer

poookie

hey ladies...

have any of you out there tried the Hawaiian Silky lye relaxer?

I bought it yesterday because:
a) i heard good things about one of their leave-in conditioners
and
b) it was on sale for like $2 at the beauty supply store!

is this a good relaxer
, or should i chuck it and just go with the ORS lye?

secretrose

hey ladies...

have any of you out there tried the Hawaiian Silky lye relaxer?
I bought it yesterday because:
a) i heard good things about one of their leave-in conditioners
and
b) it was on sale for like $2 at the beauty supply store!

is this a good relaxer, or should i chuck it and just go with the ORS lye?

This is the only relaxer I can use. I self relax. I have sensitive scalp and everything else burns, burns, burns even if I base. I can use regular strength without base and not burn with this. If you have really sensitive scalp, try the sensitive scalp formula. It gets a :up: from me.

hothair

The person that put me unto LHCF (went from neck to bra-strap in a 1 1/2 years) uses this and her hair looks great! Not sure if it's lye or no-lye though

Cinnabuns

My sister really likes the Hawaiian Silky Relaxer. I'm thinking of swtiching back to it myself. I remember it being so gentle on my scalp and hair, no burns at all. :)

nakialovesshoes

Wow it's probably been like 10-15 years since I used a Hawaiian Silky but I do remember the name was fitting because it used to make my hair feel very silky & it was sooo pretty when it was wet.

gymfreak336

I have used this before with good results. I used this many years ago but now that you mentioned it...I might consider revisting...it has a great price.

tenjoy

My best friend/stylist used this for years. It does have good results. Haven't heard anything bad. I like it alot

Monie24

I currently use Hawaiian Silky Relaxer and I have not had any problems. I went from CL to a little past SL in about four months. I leaves my hair really silky, but I did hear that some one is making imitation Hawaiian Silky so watch out fro that, other wise it work great for me.

tricie

Hey, Poookie!

When I lived in Houston several years back, my stylist used Hawaiian Silky and my hair was flowing; I loved this relaxer. I never bought it simply because I don't self relax, but this is a great perm from my recollection.

I do believe it is a lye (sodium hydroxide) relaxer.

HTH!

PureSilver

Any updates.....super old thread but is anyone using this right now. 2 stylists have mentioned it to me and all the reviews here so far from back then seems good. Can anyone give a current review on this relaxer?

Jace032000

I've used their perms (curls) but not their relaxers. The perms were AWESOME! I hope someone has a review on the relaxers---I'm curious about them too.

Lissa0821

I used this relaxer many years ago and loved it. I had to switch to something different after a few years of using it.

Tangie

I used to use it and loved it. I called myself wanting to switch up relaxers for a bit but now that I think about it I may need to go back to this.