NATURALS WHO USE CARUSO ROLLER-SET/SYSTEM

JuicesN'Berries

I was wondering if there are any natural ladies who use a caruso. You know the heated roller-setting thing-a-ma-jiggy, well how do you use it do you straighten or blowdry your hair first and then roll it....my hair is really curly and I feel like that would be the only way for me to use it. So.............How do you guys use it?

J n' B

I really like my caruso rollers. I must admit I was extremly skeptical. I could not imagin how a steamed sponge roller was going to curl my hair and not make it frizzy.

things I learned;

make sure you dont leave the roller on the steam too long or it will take forever to dry

using the roller over cause it to take longer for your hair to dry. I use bobby pins insead of he cap. when i'm in a real hurry, i will sit under the hood dryer or blow dry the rollers.

the roller will straighten your hair and give you smooth curls but, the hair must dry completely

I use my caruson rollers on all types of hair, and I am natural. I have gotten great results on air dried, blow dried and straightned hair. Just keep in mind the final curl will have lots of body so what type of hair you curls should depend on how big you want your hair tto be when done.

HTH
GM

grnidmonster said:
J n' B

I really like my caruso rollers. I must admit I was extremly skeptical. I could not imagin how a steamed sponge roller was going to curl my hair and not make it frizzy.

things I learned;

make sure you dont leave the roller on the steam too long or it will take forever to dry

using the roller over cause it to take longer for your hair to dry. I use bobby pins insead of he cap. when i'm in a real hurry, i will sit under the hood dryer or blow dry the rollers.

the roller will straighten your hair and give you smooth curls but, the hair must dry completely

I use my caruson rollers on all types of hair, and I am natural. I have gotten great results on air dried, blow dried and straightned hair. Just keep in mind the final curl will have lots of body so what type of hair you curls should depend on how big you want your hair tto be when done.

HTH
GM

Thank you for this thread. I have been looking at these rollers every time I go to Sally's but I didn't want to waste my money.:)

I've used them a few times, but I don't have patience for rolling.
They do work well though. I have used on blow dried hair and also on semi-wet hair. Both worked, but the blow dried gave me a "smoother curl". Also, it takes awhile to dry, so I wouldn't recommend using on completely wet hair.

I use them when I straighten my hair (maxi-glide). They work wonderful. I also thought that they may not work well because of the steam, but if you roll them tight enough, you won't have any problems. I even use them on my little girls when I straighten their hair (maxi-glide). I would recommend them!

i am just thinking of buying this along with one of those hot brushes for my roots.

i was wondering if it would work on my natural hair, and i think i am sold. if anything i can even use it on my flat ironed hair , i thought mayb this only worked for relaxed heads.

I had a brand new Caruso set that I only used a few time but I gave it away to my niece b/c I didn't think I could use it on my natural hair. Hmm, this is going to be my next purchase b/c I hate how my hair has no body after I maxiglide. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks so much for this thread. I only thought that relaxed heads could use these. Serenity Breeze has hair that I've wanted for so long, I was considering going back to a relaxer to use the Caruso rollers.

But the thing is, you have to use heat before using the rollers, right? You need to either blowdry or flat iron your hair before using them, it seems.

How many rollers do you need? It seems like a pack comes with only 6 and that doesn't seem like nearly enough.

I just posted a thread about a roller system from wal-mart it does not use water....I think this maybe better for naturals! I will buy it today and let you guys know.

Back