Naturals Who Texlax- How Often Do You Wash?

blaqharmoni

Naturals Who Flatiron- How Often Do You Wash?

Hi ladies! I lurk around here alot, but this is my first post due to the fact that my hair has lost its mind! Im currently transitioning from texlaxed (which i LOVED) back to natural, and i recently started flat ironing. The first week everything was fine, until i ordered a Croc Turboion Titanium flat iron, and i think i fried my ends :sad: Every since then my hair comes out every time i comb it, it isnt excessive i suppose... But it still seems like alot of hair. So I remember i read in Shamboosie's book if u start deep conditioning every 4 days when this happens u might be able to get back on track....

So tonight Im going to wash with Tresemme thermal recovery, deep treat with motions CPR Protein Reconstructor, deep condish w/motions CPR silk deep penetrating (in the jar) conditioner, then heat protect with chi iron guard, motions heat seeker, chi silk infusion, biolage moisture seal serum, Then blow dry and flat iron. I know this sounds like alot but im desperate...

For Naturals who flat iron i was just wondering how often do u wash and condition your hair??? Do i need to wash and condition more often now that im using heat? Has this happened to u before??

I have pics below of what it looks like now, and it isnt just the Blonde thats breaking off. Both colored and uncolored hair and distributed in my comb and sink evenly... The last 2 pics are my texlaxed hair before i started torturing it :Blush2:

I know heat is bad, but i dont see the point in having thick pretty hair if i can only wear it one way :ohwell: so for the time being I've invested in a GHD... And im determined to figure out how to flat iron without breakage!! So ANY help or insight into my current crisis would be greatly appreciated :grin:

Attachments

• IMG00336.jpg
    IMG00336.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG00286.jpg
    IMG00286.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00330.jpg
    IMG00330.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00231.jpg
    IMG00231.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00236.jpg
    IMG00236.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

ms.blue

When I flatiron I only wash and dc once every two weeks. I normally wash and dc w/ protein & moisturizing condition every week b/c I use heat (blowdrying). I have also started to co-wash also. I think it is important to have a balance of moisture & protein when using heat to prevent massive breakage.

glamazon386

Uhhh if a natural texlaxed then they wouldn't be natural anymore :look:

But as a natural who flat irons periodically - I wash and DC my hair usually once every week. Sometimes every 2 weeks if I'm super busy.

It sounds like you have heat damage. I'd do a reconstructor and then up the dcing. I'd stay away from direct heat too. There are plenty of styles you can do without direct heat.

blaqharmoni

LOL @glamazon, i definitely meant to say "flatiron"... i laughed at the typo when I came back and checked the post, its been fixed... I'm doing the things both u and Ms. Blue recommended tonight (dc'ing and reconstructing) and I hope it helps stop the breakage... I'm sittin here with this shower cap on my head hoping all goes well :up: but ive stayed away from heat for about 2 years, so im really determined to find a flat iron regimen that wont leave me bald : ) Thank u both!

4evershika

LOL @glamazon, i definitely meant to say "flatiron"... i laughed at the typo when I came back and checked the post, its been fixed...

I giggled @ the title :grin:

I'm gonna start saying that I'm a natural who relaxes and see how many side eyes I get...

(I'm sorry, I'm not natural nor do I flat iron regularly... no real contribution to the OP):look:

blaqharmoni

I giggled @ the title :grin:

I'm gonna start saying that I'm a natural who relaxes and see how many side eyes I get...

(I'm sorry, I'm not natural nor do I flat iron regularly... no real contribution to the OP):look:

:lachen: I was Tireddd!!! And really worried about my hair! It would be just my luck that my very first post doesnt make any sense lol! :wallbash:

chebaby

seems like your hair is heat damaged. and i cant really give advice because when i was transitioning i used to flat iron once a week using reconstructors and 2 heat protectants and my hair still ended up heat damaged. i think if you want to save you rhair, along with deep conditioning you should lay off the direct heat and do rollersets.

lilsparkle825

could you try rollersetting before you flat iron? i really don't think blow drying then using more heat on top of that is a good idea if your hair is double processed. as a matter of fact, can you not just rollerset and get straight hair since you're texlaxed? how long have you been transitioning?

blaqharmoni

could you try rollersetting before you flat iron? i really don't think blow drying then using more heat on top of that is a good idea if your hair is double processed. as a matter of fact, can you not just rollerset and get straight hair since you're texlaxed? how long have you been transitioning?

lil sparkle i think ive been transitioning for about 4 motnhs now, and i dont think i coild rollerset my hair straight without still having to flat iron because its still very course...

But after the deep condition and protein reconstructor my hair felt a little better, after I blow dried and flat ironed with my ghd ive concluded that the biggest problem were the flat irons i was using before. The ghd left my hair silky and straight in one pass... And the breakage has almost stopped completely :grin: But im gonna go back to protective styles and juicing for at least the next month until my ends recover, it was fun while it lasted :perplexed. I posted results with the new iron.

Attachments

• IMG00337.jpg
    IMG00337.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00338.jpg
    IMG00338.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15