Naturals: What deep conditioner do you use? and What method do you use?

beektx

My hair suffers from dryness so I want to start using a deep conditioner. I currently don't use a separate condish for deep conditioning. I just leave my reg condish on for a long amount of time under a plastic cap. Can yall help?

Naturals, What do you use as a deep conditioner (hair concoctions too!)and what method are you using (plastic, under dryer, steamer)?

chebaby

i use several deep conditioners but my faves are:

curls asian tea deep conditioner
curl junkie hibiscus and banana deep fix
shescentit banana brulee
hairveda sitrinilla

my method is the same with each of them. i slather it on dry hair with a plastic cap and leave it on overnight. in the morning i co wash or shampoo it out. if i use shampoo, i only lather once and then do a 3 minute conditioner after wards. if i just co wash then i use a leave in and moisturizer and go.

ETA: my fave concoction is coconut milk mixed with honey, evoo, virgin avocado oil and castor oil

loulou82

I like...

AO HSR
AO White Camillia
Jessicurl WDT
Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana
ORS Replenishing Paks
AO Island Naturals (protein)
AO GPB (protein)

I like to mix in castor oil, coconut oil, or honey. I shampoo first and then apply the DC in sections and put on a plastic cap and go under my dryer for about 30 minutes.

shocol

I have,

AO HSR
Kenra MC
ORS Replenishing

I'll usually mix the AO with the Kenra or some coconut milk if I have it and steam for an hour. Lately I've been doing overnight conditioning.

BrownEyez22

AOHSR mixed with EVOO ( its so thick)
Deva One Conditioner
Cholestrol Mango Shea Butter & Regular
I love to try different deep conditioners, but I use the first 2 the most.

I apply the deep conditioner in sections and put a baggie over my head and go under the dryer for like 20-30mins. Then I might just leave it on for a while after that, depending on what I have to do.

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I use Keracare Humecto creme conditioner, ORS replenishing pack, Ouidad Deep treatment, Aveda Damage Remedy IRT, Elasta QP fortifying hair conditioner (not mixed),...these are the main ones. I section my hair in six different parts, apply the deep conditioner and on each section and roll it down to a bantu knot, at the end I have six big bantu knots on my head. I then spray water on my head, put a shower cap on and sit under the hair dryer for 45 minutes. I always let my hair cool off before rinsing the conditioner.

Sweetyb

I love ORS Replenishing Deep Conditioner... best to put in after rinsing conditioner from after your wash and sitting under a soft bonnet dryer with plastic cap. Great for weekly use.

Urban

The ones I've been using regularly are Dark and Lovely Chloesterol and ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I apply in sections, baggie and sit under my hooded dryer.

malachi74

i absolutely love Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask. I use it after shampoo, under the dryer for 30 min 2-3x a week.

MissJ

I use ORS Deep Conditioner after a wash. Put on a plastic cap and wait for a while, then wash/comb out.

MJ

My current mix:

- Aubrey organics conditioner
- "Homemade" aloe gel
- Silk amino acids (totally optional, can't say it makes a difference)
- A dab (tiny amount) of castor oil

I deep condition once each week using the towel & dryer steam method, or (vey rarely now) I will leave the conditioner in overnight if I'm unable to use heat.

JinaRicci

My process:
1) Paul Mitchell Supercharged Conditioner
2) Detangle
3) Shower Cap
4) No applied heat- instead I do something like vaccum for 30-45 mins

Tylove101

AOGPB - on dry hair for more than an hour (usually 2 hours) covered with plastic cap with no heat

AOHSR - overnight covered with plastic cap.

adw425

I make a homemade coconut milk conditioner. I gently heat coconut milk to which I have added corn starch to thicken (I just bought guar gum to use as a thickener). I add honey, fructose, olive oil, molasses, buttermilk powder, and a heaping teaspoon of my powdered herb mix (nettle, burdock, rosemary, irish moss, oatstraw, barley grass, horsetail). When it cools, I add full-fat greek yogurt, cream of coconut, food grade aloe vera gel. It is a yummy conditioner the consistency of a thick, creamy pudding. About every other week, I will also add in some Mill Creek keratin conditioner or LeKair natural shea butter cholesterol or Vitale olive oil mayonnaise. After shampooing my hair with Grandpa's pine tar soap, African black soap OR shikakai soap, I let my hair dry about 50%. I slather on my hair, put a shower cap on and go under my heat cap for 30 minutes. If I don't go under the heat cap, I put on a shower cap, tie a scarf down over it and do housework or take a nap. When I rinse, my hair is so straight it looks like I just got a fresh relaxer (which I haven't done in six years) and it is moisturized, detangled, strong and soft.

Last edited:

JustKiya

Naturals, What do you use as a deep conditioner (hair concoctions too!)and what method are you using (plastic, under dryer, steamer)?

The main commercial conditioners that I use are Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner, and Eqyss Primier conditioner.
The main homemade conditioner I use is the Caramel Treatment.
I like to add hibiscus flowers/honeyquat/silk amino acids to all my DC's, in order to increase the moisture level.

I usually apply to dry hair, and leave on for a minimum of 90 minutes (if I'm under the steamer) to overnight (usually). If I'm leaving it on overnight, I've got a showercap and a scarf on.

I DC once a week, usually, sometimes I'll stretch it out to twice a month if I've got a good set of twists going on. :yep:

Kay.Dee

Elasta QP DPR
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle ROse
Giovanni Smooth as Silk

I bough the Yes to Carrots Mud mask since I ran out of Aubrey Organics and Elasta QP DDPR, but haven't had a chance to use since I'm in kinky twists.

Ivie184

I alternate between AO Honeysuckle Rose (my fave) and Elasta DPR-11 <---somtimes I add a little bit of honey and castor oil. After shampooing, I apply my dc of choice to my hair in sections, detangle, twists (I usually have about 4-6 fat twists), put on a plastic cap and leave it on for about 30min to 1 hour.

prettywhitty

I combine AO Honeysuckle rose, Jason's vitamin e with a&c conditioner, and a little vatika oil in my hiar, cover with a plastic cap, and sit for 30 min under a hood dryer. After rinsing out, i use Deva Care one contition ( asmall anount) as a leave-in.

JustKiya

How do you like it? Give us a quick review please.

Oh, I love it!!

It's very thick, very rich, silicone & petroleum product free. It's got a light coconutty smell to it, and it gives me amazing slip. One thing I've noticed, it seems to need a little time to 'sink in' for the full moisture benefits - but that could be just my hair, as it tends to be a bit resistant.

I use it for EVERYTHING - my DC's, my leave-ins, my co-washes - if it's going on my hair, it most likely has IFC in it. :lol: