Naturals: what are you doing at night?

I usually do 4 large braids at night. If i am really lazy, then i willl just pin my hair back. I always wear a scarf at night.

I'm always either in plaits or braids so my night regimen just involves putting on a plastic cap and calling it a night.

If I wore my hair out, I'd plait it at night and put on the cap.

I don't apply anything prior to putting the cap on. When in braids or twists, I don't use any leave ins so I just wear a cap on bare hair. When wearing my hair out, I usually have S Curl on but again, I don't apply anymore before wearing the cap but just plait my hair and then put it on. One day's application of S Curl lasts me a few days so I don't find the need to apply more if I'm baggying nightly, which is a habit of a lifetime.
Nonie, is your hair more moisturized due to regular baggying? I am looking for ways to up my moisture..
Also what do you use to baggy?
I read somewhere that you only use conditioner after washing, no leave-ins...can you tell me why?
Thanks!:grin:

Now that my hair is in cornrows, I spritz at night with African Royale Braid Spray and I sleep on my satin pillow case

Lys

I sleep with a satin bonnet on. My hair is usually in twists or a twistout so I don't do anything but put on the bonnet.

Well my regimen is pretty simple...Mon, weds and Fri nights i prepare an ayurvedic paste which consists of either amla, shakikai, or heenara powders....i let it sit until I get done working out...wash it off then put in my deep conditioner(any aubrey organics, ors rep pak,) then go to sleep and wash the deep condition off while I shower the next morning...tues, thrus, and the weekends I moisturize my hair 2x a day with a mix of roseH2O, vegetable glycerin, infusium....then I seal with an ayurvedic oil on my scalp as well...with castor oil on my ends....this regimen has done wonders for the health and length of my strands...Although I might change from making pastes to just adding the powders to my conditioner, hence, school reopens in a week and as a nursing students I have zero time for anything other than nursing...

many options - depending upon my laziness
1. sleep on a satin pillowcase
2. wear a satin cap/scarf
3. **mist my hair with water, moisturize, place my hair in a low pony using hairzings and baggy the ends***

I'm wearing twists now. I moisturize my hair, concentrating on the ends, with Sta-So-Fro or rosewater, then I seal with coconut oil and Cantu's Break Cure.

Then, I'll either leave my twists loose in the satin bonnet, or make a loose bun with a pin.

If I was heavy handed with the moisture and oils, I'll baggy (usually once or twice per week). And sometimes, I'll baggy with the satin bonnet.

SO sprays detangler, slaps on some shea butter, and puts it in 3 plaits for me :love:

he had long hair for awhile and he used to twist/ braid his own...
its great for our bonding :kiss3:

i do this when its w n go, but i hate doing that, so if i have a t or b/ out, i spray some oil and do the bonnet

U got a good one. Don't let him get away!:lachen: I am doing a daily flat twist style. I have to keep refreshing my twists. They come undone because I'm transitioning right now. It gives me good practice for when I'm natural.:yep:

I will spritz my hair to make it just a little bit damp especially the edges. Put a little bit of oil or Hairveda 24/7 around the edges and endsof my hair, put on a bonnet of some sort and sleep on a pillow with a satin case.

I spray my hair with a moisturizer, wait awhile and then when it's just a little damp I put a satin bonnet on and go to bed.

Are tangles an issue for you in the morning? How do you style in the morning? (and how is it styled now?)

I put conditioner/coconut oil through my hair and do a mini-apple :giggle:

Like a pineapple, but my hair is short and doesn't deserve to be called a pineapple.

Anyway, pinning your hair up helps short haired girls keep their curls/coils too :yep:

Ok, what's a mini-apple (or a pineapple for that matter?) :rofl:

SO sprays detangler, slaps on some shea butter, and puts it in 3 plaits for me :love:

he had long hair for awhile and he used to twist/ braid his own...
its great for our bonding :kiss3:

i do this when its w n go, but i hate doing that, so if i have a t or b/ out, i spray some oil and do the bonnet

SO's a keeper :yep: what do you do in the morning to refresh?

I will spritz my hair to make it just a little bit damp especially the edges. Put a little bit of oil or Hairveda 24/7 around the edges and endsof my hair, put on a bonnet of some sort and sleep on a pillow with a satin case.

Tangles in the am? Also, OT: how do you like the 24/7? What does it do for you? soften? add moisture? shine? just curious :grin:

I am afraid of leaving my hair damp and loose overnight for fear of tangles in the am. If it's damp, it pretty much in braids or twists.

Is this the case for most? If you are wearing your hair damp and loose: 1) what r u doing to prevent tangles the next morning and 2) length?

THANKS, ladies! :grin: This is most helpful for me...

SO's a keeper :yep: what do you do in the morning to refresh?

it depends... i have a huge can of olive oil spray, i may spray that all over...
if im gonna pull it back i have to spray the roots and brush then put a scarf on for the car ride to wherever i'm going...

and i love him for that! now if only he would try some food with me, he eats like a child :lachen:

I am afraid of leaving my hair damp and loose overnight for fear of tangles in the am. If it's damp, it pretty much in braids or twists.

Is this the case for most? If you are wearing your hair damp and loose: 1) what r u doing to prevent tangles the next morning and 2) length?

THANKS, ladies! :grin: This is most helpful for me...

I would never go to sleep with my hair damp and loose at the same time. That's a recipe for actual matting, even if I wore a bonnet.

I can go to sleep with damp/twisted (or braided) or loose and dry or braided/twisted and dry.

I've been bad about moisture these days. I just put in a loose bun and tie w/ satin scarf.

oh if its in braids the night before i might put mizani serum on my fingers and finger the waves for shine and definition...

agh that sounded dirty lol

I am currently wearing two strand twists (medium size).
Before I go to bed I massage some caster oil or olive oil into my hair, pay special attention to the ends, separate the twists into four sections, plait or bantu knot those sections, cover my hair with satin head scarf. The hair must be put up otherwise I'll get spots on my back and sweat relentlessly

a couple of nights per week I use a little WGHO on my scalp, massage it in, and put on a bonnet. On the opposite nights I spray lightly with a spritz and put on the bonnet. Most of the time I just simply put on the bonnet and go to sleep!

Ok, what's a mini-apple (or a pineapple for that matter?) :rofl:

You either loosely clip or ponytail hair upwards all the way on top of your head. So it looks like a pineapple. :)

This way you can sleep comfortably on the sides of your hair and all the coils/curls aren't smashed or frizzed.

A mini apple is my pathetic attempt and the pineapple :lol: It still works though.

You either loosely clip or ponytail hair upwards all the way on top of your head. So it looks like a pineapple. :)

This way you can sleep comfortably on the sides of your hair and all the coils/curls aren't smashed or frizzed.

A mini apple is my pathetic attempt and the pineapple :lol: It still works though.

oooooohhhhhhhhhhh.....I used to do that when my hair was longer during my transition :lachen:

a couple of nights per week I use a little WGHO on my scalp, massage it in, and put on a bonnet. On the opposite nights I spray lightly with a spritz and put on the bonnet. Most of the time I just simply put on the bonnet and go to sleep!

OK, when i look at your pretty hair, you have like lovely perfect spirals:yep:...they don't mash out overnight or get squished?

mizani spradiance high gloss serum
ingredients:
fil code 42047 ss2 cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, dimethicone, fragrance/parfum

i use it in the morning after i pick out though not at night lol

mizani spradiance high gloss serum
ingredients:
fil code 42047 ss2 cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, dimethicone, fragrance/parfum

i use it in the morning after i pick out though not at night lol

oh, i have some like this but it's made by aveda. I think it's brilliant spray shine or something like that...anywhoo, do you find it makes your hair dry? does it wash out easily?

oh, i have some like this but it's made by aveda. I think it's brilliant spray shine or something like that...anywhoo, do you find it makes your hair dry? does it wash out easily?

not dry it just doesn't moisturize... its like strictly shiny lol... its like.. frontin... like your hair should be so supple and moist after but its really exactly how it was before, except now shiny lol
and i clarify every time i poo now, so it comes out cool...
my girlfriend uses it every time we go out she's like a 3b with a bonelax and it doesn't weigh her down or anything... she looks salon fresh lol

I usually put it in twists, seal with shea butter and add perm rods to the ends. I sleep on a satin pillowcase :yep:

Will the pineapple work with twists & WNG? I find that no matter what I do my hair flattens out at night. My twists flatten, my WNGs flatten, my twist outs flatten every time I wear a bonnet or not. Even the curls on the ends of my twist flatten but I can't rewet them or else they frizz.

Thanks..FM for this thread. I'm getting so frustrated with my hair only lasting like 1 day maybe 2 at most before looking completely flattened and unsalvagable.

Thanks ladies for all the tips and ideas to keep styles and most importantly stop SSK.

Back