Naturals, what are some things you noticed after you ceased relaxers?

More body, less stiff, softer, more SSKs and splits, having to replace denman brushes more often, and I'm not sure if my hair is drier, or if I pay more attention to it than before.

I stumbled across a picture I took of my nape area in 2011 when I was relaxed. It looked hideous. Since I went natural my nape area is nice, thick and not breaking. I wanted to share some photos with you and hopefully encourage ladies who are still afraid to take the plunge to do so! [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]amwcah, you can do it girl. I'm rooting for you! Below are those pictures from 2011 and some from 2012. What a difference.

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 37
For the ladies who said their nape area and sides were much more healthier, do any of you have pictures as well?

I stumbled across a picture I took of my nape area in 2011 when I was relaxed. It looked hideous. Since I went natural my nape area is nice, thick and not breaking. I wanted to share some photos with you and hopefully encourage ladies who are still afraid to take the plunge to do so! [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]amwcah, you can do it girl. I'm rooting for you! Below are those pictures from 2011 and some from 2012. What a difference.

StarScream35

Thank you so much for the encouragement! My nape was worse than yours because the breakage extended all the way up to the back of my head(linear with my eyebrows). To date my actual nape is about 3 inches after not relaxing it for about a year.

Back