Naturals-Transitioning and Trimming ends?

L

ladybug

I have been transitioning since May 2003 and would like to know, what should I do in regard to trimming my ends...

Is it nec. to trim while transitioning? or

Is it okay to hold off until I have gained a natural length that I am comfortable with and then trim off all the relaxed ends at once
?

Bobbie

I think both options are fine. As long as you're comfortable with transitioning hair and know how to take care of both textures as you transition, you can trim it wile transitioning or hold off until you're comfortable cutting it all off.

~~HoneyComb~~

My daughter has been transitioning for 1 1/2 years and I take off a little (maybe 1/4" every 2-4 months) that way she keeps her length. So far it's been working out fine. Take a look at the thread I have running with photos of me and my daughter's hair. She's the one with the box braids (which were done with her own hair).

HTH

L

ladybug

well i dont have any transition pics in my album i am trying to dedicate an album to my transition phase and have taken some progress photos but havent had the time to set it up...but i will soon... my hair is an inch or two from bra strap..i have been trimming slowly...

the pics in my album are a combination of my summer style which is braids... and the other pics are my hair pressed