NATURALS - PLEASE SHARE INFO!

rayej

HOW DO YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR?
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
DO YOU FLAT IRON? HOT COMB? ROLLER SET?
TIPS TO PREVENT REVERSION FOR A FEW DAYS?

PLEASE HELP US SISTERS THAT ARE NEW TO THE NATURAL THING.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL REPLYS!:grin:

lnana04

I flatiron my hair with my Sedu iron(which broke on me the other day:wallbash:).

I usually wash, deep condition, put on a leave-in and sit under the dryer. When my hair is dried, I take a tiny part, put serum or whatever on it, make sure it's combed and tangle free...then I take a brush and pull my hair with the brush from the roots with the flat-iron following right behind it. THIS gets my ends straight.

The whole brush thing may be a little controversial since I'm sure some may see it as damaging, but I on;y flat-iron my hair once or maybe twice out the year.

silvergirl

i just usually wash my hair, let air dry , then flat iron with my chi iron. sometimes i dont use products ( i know i know...:look: ) sometimes i use chi silk infusion.

i use the comb chase method to get my hair straight. ( comb follows directly in front the flatiron to ensure straight strands. )

Last edited:

1QTPie

Elder Sim
HOW DO YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR?
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
DO YOU FLAT IRON? HOT COMB? ROLLER SET?
TIPS TO PREVENT REVERSION FOR A FEW DAYS?

PLEASE HELP US SISTERS THAT ARE NEW TO THE NATURAL THING.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL REPLYS!:grin:

Depends on how straight I want it. I blow dry and flat iron if I want it bone straight.

But normally, I dry it on twists or rollerset it to stretch the hair, then I flat iron with my Sedu or Maxiglide.

xquizit01

Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196649

Hope this helps!

Transformer

Rollersetter Here!

Shampoo- Any mositurizing. Recently trying organics with no stearyl laureath

Rinse- Apple Cidar Vinegar and Water

Conditioners - KMS Curl Up and Ahogogee- Deep Condition (30 Minutes)

Rollerset- Weekly with Keracare Foam- followed a touch of Mizani H20 Intense Night time mositurizer and a touch of shine serum

3 times weekly - Mizani H20