Naturals ONLY:Official Wig & Weave Thread/Gallery

msbettyboop

Ithacagurl Yes, a wig cap is absolutely necessary because it protects your braided hair underneath the wig and also keeps the hair moisturised throughout the day if you wet it every morning. It also keeps the wig from snagging at your real hair.

msbettyboop

I ordered this wig - http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/catalog/MARA-FULL-LACE-HH-WIG-2.jpg - from elevate styles and ebonyline. The cap for both was too small and gave me a headache. Is there any method available to widen/enlarge a tight wig cap. Both combined with overseas shipping cost me.....:( :nono:.....

If there is no way to enlarge a wig cap, is there some particular website where I can order wigs with a large cap. Or maybe custom make an expensive one and call it a day for a year! TIA

Ithacagurl

Lafani but it causes the wig to slide off no?

I ordered this wig - http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/catalog/MARA-FULL-LACE-HH-WIG-2.jpg - from elevate styles and ebonyline. The cap for both was too small and gave me a headache. Is there any method available to widen/enlarge a tight wig cap. Both combined with overseas shipping cost me.....:( :nono:.....

If there is no way to enlarge a wig cap, is there some particular website where I can order wigs with a large cap. Or maybe custom make an expensive one and call it a day for a year! TIA

msbettyboop

Ithacagurl no, it doesn't slide off if the wig fits properly because it has adjustable elastic thingys in it. Additionally, you can pin the wig to your hair which is what I do because I hate those combs. You can use the combs if you like though. If you pin it properly, there is no reason why a wig should be slipping off your head.

danniegirl

Ok thanks for this thread its funny i always had a half wig hanging on the back of my closet door when i had a perm but have not brought one since i have been natural i have yet to even think about picking up a wig or even going into a wig thread but i am so HAPPY i stopped here.

I actually had a piece that was like the drew and loved it so i went to my regular BBS yesterday to see if they had it and no luck.

I also called harlem hair wigs and although they are located in nyc they are not a retail store. I will be postponing my trip to try to get some darn qhemet so i can search for a wig tomorrow if i dont find one later today.

I also like that la jay but thats way to big and if i even thought about taking a pair of scissors to it im almost sure i would end up with a salt and pepper

bronzebomb

This is my hair for 2012. cornrows to the back and a wig by Motown Tresses

I'm hoping for full BSL by December 2012. (I want my hair to look like the Avatar)

Attachments

• IMG_7843.jpg
    IMG_7843.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5137.jpg
    IMG_5137.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 197

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
My Bohyme Brazilian....I've get this hair every Summer.....since 2007. They are changing the texture so its been a mission to find the old texture. I may just buy 2 or three packs this summer and hope that my hair is this long and full by next Summer.

manter26

I found a sorta kinky curly wig that I liked in my local BSS. They had one that was better match to my hair but it was all out. This was my second choice. It doesn't really look like my texture (my hair is so frizzy) but I think I could fool a few people perhaps.

*removed pic*

Since I haven't been wearing the Tammy wig, my friends keep asking if I cut my hair. :lol:

Last edited:

msbettyboop

I finally found a wig that works. Pic HERE. It was a little shiny at first but I soon fixed that with powder, water and blow-drying.

This is what I'll be wearing for all of 2012 in brown and black.

manter26

paging NikkiQ

I'm looking for some Zooey Deeschanel hair. Chunky, short bangs, thick barrel curls, BSLish. A full wig, human or something that can take some heat. Can you help me please? TIA! :grin:

constance

I just ordered several wigs in different colors:
Kelly by It's a Wig in 1b & 2
Kelly by Outre in 1b & 2
Effy (hair piece) in 2

I'll take some pics when they arrive.

MinaSinclair

bohyme brazilian wave weave...i so wanna revisit this in january, despite the shedding...it was sooooo pretty:

tammy...i had 2 of these...i gave one to my friend and one to my sister and they lasted a long time...even through abuse lol...but i wish she was longer...i had another one from my bss that was similar to tammy but longer...idr the name tho:

i havent really worn wigs that much this year...but last week i was dcing my hair and put a wig over it to go to the store and i still havent done my hair so i've been rocking halleys curls "aaliyah" in miami relaxed...this is a human hair half wig...i won it on twitter...i like her (despite tangling and some shedding) but i wouldnt have paid full price for it:

the curls on her are actually tighter when you let her airdry, but i like brushing them out, or drying it in 2 braids and then fluffing so its bigger and doesnt tangle as much

Loving your BBW. :grin: For the shedding you may want to try fabric glue on the wefts before the install. I almost gave up on my natural baby soft wave for the same reason. It works wonders.

manter26

:yay: Thank you sooooo much NikkiQ !!! I forgot I asked :look: I can't remember 1/2 my shopping lists...time for an intervention. I spent my hair budget for this month at Whole Foods but I really want one of these. They all look good...but idk. Decisions, decisions... :lol: I kinda want the one from Platinum Wigs and one of the Hairsisters, egad.

keepithealthy

I've never really been into wigs but I did start wearing one this year so I could take a break from my hair. My sis brought it for me from my local bss for about $20.00. This thread has inspired me I think this winter I will invest in a few nice wigs.

Attachments

• image-1677037103.jpg
    image-1677037103.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 286

LadyD

I've never really been into wigs but I did start wearing one this year so I could take a break from my hair. My sis brought it for me from my local bss for about $20.00. This thread has inspired me I think this winter I will invest in a few nice wigs.

I love this one and it looks great on you. Do you know the name of it?

polished07

My new baby Molly from its a weavecap got it from hairwigharlem.com very easy breezy and care free

Attachments

• image-3399787753.jpg
    image-3399787753.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 191

lbellin

I purchased my first wig. This is my first week wearing it.

Attachments

• Half Wig.jpg
    Half Wig.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 120

LovLeeLaDee

Hey ladies! I love your wig choices! They look so natural, I wish I could find a way to rock my natural hair with a wig, but I can't find a wig to match. Outré Vera has been my go to for my entire hair journey.

Here we are

image-465680409.jpg

I lover her, but I need to switch it up! I will be back soon with a new style to display.