Naturals, let's talk products/domincan prod rec needed too...(PJ alert!!)

Jessica Rabbit

What are your fav products/product lines? Not ones we have to add stuff too. I've tried MANY different lines and the one that seems the most consistent/best for me (as least the stylers) is Blended Beauty.

Also, I want to jump on the Dominican Product wagon. I have dry hair and am wearing it in weaves. I want something to help with moisture and in a perfect world, frizz and shrinkage. Any suggestions which products to start with? Especially a good conditioner and deep conditioner?

Thanks!

kiesha8185

Jessica Rabbit said:
What are your fav products/product lines? Not ones we have to add stuff too. I've tried MANY different lines and the one that seems the most consistent/best for me (as least the stylers) is Blended Beauty.

Also, I want to jump on the Dominican Product wagon. I have dry hair and am wearing it in weaves. I want something to help with moisture and in a perfect world, frizz and shrinkage. Any suggestions which products to start with? Especially a good conditioner and deep conditioner?

Thanks!

Hi JessicaRabbit. I mainly only use Dominican conditioners. Although I am relaxed, I get the same effects for my new growth as I do with my relaxed portions. I usually mix them all up for a Dominican cocktail when I henna for cumulative benefits that each offers; however, they're all good enough to use on their own. Here are my favorites and ones I highly recommend:

Capillo Avocado Hair Conditioning- It really helps with my hair elasticity; it makes my hair stretchy, yet strong.
Capilo Honey and Milk Conditioner- This by far the best one. It melts away matting/tangles. I haven't experienced matting since I started using this. It also helps with detangling. The rinse is good too.
Tropical Degil Wheat Germ- It helps my hair retain moisture longer and makes my hair airdry a bit softer.
Lafier Proteinol- Makes my hair stronger.
Silicon Mix- This is good and smells good. I used it as a moisturizer when I flat iron my hair.​
Toque Agico Emergencia- I LOVE THIS STUFF. If I had to recommend one, it would be a toss up between this and Honey and Milk. It's supposed to be a mild protein treatment, but it acts like a moisturizing one. It strengthens my hair, but makes it softer, easy to detangle, and melts matting as well. I use it like I would use aphogee (apply it to the hair, blow dry till dry, rinse out with cold water). It also stopped my shedding.

OnceUponAtime

I've only found one that became a staple product. Alfil Rosemary (a.k.a. Alfil Crema Condition Romero). It really helps to keep the frizz down and detangles well. I don't use it more than twice a month.

As far as moisturizing, I don't think it really moisturizes. It's full of mineral oil, so I think it mimics moisture, but really, my hair is coated. After the conditioner is rinsed out, my hair is not greasy and my hair coils nicely. I think the mineral oil helps to lock in the moisture in my wet hair.

ETA:
This is most effective if you leave it on under a shower cap for a few minutes before rinsing. A little heat (shower, towel, heat cap) really speeds up the detangling.

Last edited:

natstar

I love La Bomba deep treatment and rinse. Leaves my hair soft.

Capilo Sole and Cinnammon is good too.

Jessica Rabbit

:confused: Eek! There is so many choices. I dunno where or which one to start with. i do like creamy products. I need to "feel" the product and like it's working.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I finally got hold of some Dominican products since being up here in D.C., I have:

1. Tropical brand Avocado Intensive Conditioner Treatment (not sure of full name)- It's okay. More moisture than slip.

2. Praital Silk Worm Moisturizing Cream (jar)- Great moisture and softness, weird smell

3. Miss Key 10-n-1- Annoying smell, had to rinse it out and re-wash after 5 minutes because I couldn't take the smell anymore. Didn't really notice much of a difference in my hair. If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

4. Lacio Lacio- Nice, lightweight, moisturizing, yet increases shrinkage

Snuckles

bumping . . . please keep it coming as I'm going to NYC in a couple of days and would like to pick some domincan products up.

InNeedofHairapy

I am only hanging on to the back of the Dominican Products bandwagon. I went online and bought some Silicon mix leave in, conditioner, and lacio lacio. After attempting a rollerset this weekend (with great instruction from some great fotkis I should add) that turned out badly b/c my hair is in such poor condition, I decided to purchase something to boost the moisture in my hair.