Naturals: How to Prevent Scraggly Ends??

loolalooh

I've heard a few naturals here and there mention "scraggly ends" and the need to trim them off. Is this inevitable? What are some tips to minimize/prevent scraggly ends?

ETA: 2nd question. How do you keep your ends thick?

1QTPie

Elder Sim
BMore, where is the rest of your DRESS!?!?! :grin:

You look fierce, for real though, the legs, the hair, just CUTE!

And I have no idea if my ends are jacked. I would say just be gentle and dust the ends on a regular. And if you have to straighten it a bit to make sure that it's right, do that.

glamazon386

BMore, where is the rest of your DRESS!?!?! :grin:

You look fierce, for real though, the legs, the hair, just CUTE!

And I have no idea if my ends are jacked. I would say just be gentle and dust the ends on a regular. And if you have to straighten it a bit to make sure that it's right, do that.

:lachen: Thanks! That is the whole thing. :look: :grin:

AfroKink

I've heard a few naturals here and there mention "scraggly ends" and the need to trim them off. Is this inevitable? What are some tips to minimize/prevent scraggly ends?

ETA: 2nd question. How do you keep your ends thick?

I think any practise that isn't hard on your ends will keep them thick.

• So protective styles like buns and up-dos will keep your ends from rubbing against your shirt and breaking off.
  • Protective styles like braids and twists help to retain moisture and keep your hair fron tangling.
  • Detangling gently so as not to rip your ends
  • "babying your ends" -sealing in moisture and oiling your end so they are not dry and so they do not tangle on themselves
  • sleeping with a silk/satin bonnet/scarf or on a silk/satin pillow case would prevent your hair from drying out (as would happen on cotten fabrics) and also prevent your hair from snagging in your pillow case.
  • low manipulation - watching how you comb and brush your hair
There's probably more. That's all that I can think of right now

Lys

loolalooh

Thanks ladies! A lot of good tips MissAlyssa!

-Protective styling - CHECK!
-Be gentle; dust regulary - CHECK!
-Straight hair (I guess I'll stretch my hair; staying away from heat) - CHECK!
-Detangle gently - CHECK! (gotta work on this)
-Babying my ends - CHECK!
-Sleep w/ satin bonnet - CHECK!
-Low manipulation - CHECK!