NATURALS DO YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR FOR HIM?

Irresistible

Just because he enjoys it? and lets face it when he enjoys it we do too :grin:

Say he loves you for you and your natural hair just the same, but he still sees it as a special treat when its down, loose and straight, do you ever just straighten it for him?

I just dont think one can get rid of that mentality of not being more attracted to straight or loose hair in a man. Do you feel more attractive with your hair straight and down and loose?

I DO

sydwrites

I can definately say yes to straightening for him. Like you said he loves me just as I am, nappy as I wanna be, but he does think it is a special treat to see my hair straight. To the other thing, I think its just easier to achieve a style that I like straight. It takes alot more work to get a style that I can achieve that - I know I look good swagger, but I do get it with my natural hair.

Irresistible

plus its more 'touchable'

well in my case, because of all the product I use while its natural

I know it gets old for him lol

laurend

No I don't straighten my hair for him because he could care less about long flowing hair. My hubby loves short hair on women.

Cichelle

My husband doesn't like me to straighten my hair. He's made that pretty clear. But yeah, if he liked it, I would straighten it for him sometimes.

Milkyway

Actually I'm a natural because he loves it! :grin: He convinced me to stop relaxing and he will kill me if I going near a flat iron.But I glad because now i have healthy hair for the first time in years!!!

lsubabiedee

i've never straightened for myself...much less, him. i don't think he cares whether it's nappy, straight, bald, or whatever...he'd probably actually prefer me being bald though.

MrsQueeny

Yes. But I do it for me too. That is when I usually trim my hair but he enjoys it more than I do. He loves my natural hair too but he loves running his fingers through it when it is straight. Q

Irresistible

Thats cool

I know it took a while for him to accept my hair would just about always be in that pony tail

I have to admit he would still love me bald, but probably never take me out in public

cause I do not look good bald

some women can rock that though, the lucky ones, as they dont have to manage any hair at all

but its a rare breed of men that like it...or at least it seems

i've never straightened for myself...much less, him. i don't think he cares whether it's nappy, straight, bald, or whatever...he'd probably actually prefer me being bald though.

JustKiya

Nope - it's not even a question between us. But then, I've ALWAYS had natural hair since I met him, and he knows that I PREFER to wear it up - so just having it 'out and loose' thrills him to no end.

I wouldn't straighten it for him.....but if he was gaga about straight hair, I might rock the occasional boudoir wig. :grin:

LynnieB

i've done it couple times "for him" and a couple times "for me" and once for "us" to get a family pictures taken :grin:

honestly the straight look gets on my nerves.......hair is everydangwhere and i always seem to find a ponytail elastic, claw clip or scrunchi to stick it in/around/through or when i'm really too-through, a shower head to duck under :lachen:

he met me with long, straight hair and he's adjusted to the waves, curls and napps quite well, bless his heart.

imstush

Everytime I wear my hair straight my SO can't stop running his fingers through my hair and commenting. I prefer it straight, I am just scared of the heat and scared of getting a relaxer.

wonderstar

Nope! he looked at me the other night and:

Him: "Do you still want to straight your hair"
Me: "Hmmmm no why you ask at least not now"
Him: "I think your natural hair looks beautiful and I think it looks better natural to when you straight it" (meaning flat iron)
Me: :blush::blush::blush:"Okay"

brownsugarflyygirl

I prefer my hair straight. I think it suits my face better and I feel its definitely a better look for me than most natural styles...so mostly I straighten it for me.

I dont have a SO, but this guy that was interested in me was asking me questions about how long my hair was and if we were together would I would straighten it for him. I told him sure...I ended up straightening it for an update a few weeks later and he was cool. When I first met him though, my hair was in a twist-out and he said he was really feeling it. So I guess...my preference is a guy that appreciates both...because thats how I feel :yep:

Last edited:

bLackButtaFly

My SO will take me any old way. I've worn it straight for him once or twice and he loved it, but when I put it back in my normal style he loved that too. I straighten it to check the length and then he gets to see that.

The only complaint he has when it's straight for a while is that he's worried it'll break off. :rolleyes: I told him I only straighten it once a montha dn leave it straight for about a week or two I don't think it's too much damage, and he's like don't you think that's too much?:rolleyes: (no, I don't) I tried to tell him I take really good care of my hair, and I've never had a problem with breakage, but he's got it in his mind that me having straight hair while he loves it, is hurting my hair b/c of the invisible breakage.:ohwell: men!:rolleyes::spinning: So I don't straighten my hair for him, since that would require some type of "permitted to straighten your hair" pass

frankie

The guy that I'm dating now LOVESSSSSSSS :love: the fro and he touches it every chance he gets:grin:. So no, I don't straighten it for him. I haven't straightened it since I did my chop...the wash and go is sooo much easier:yep:.

Lebiya

No I don’t and wouldn’t Just for him, especially at this point in my hair care regime. Once I reach my desired hair length, then I will straighten it be based on my decision on what I think is best at that time. Other than that, nope, sorry, Struggled and cried FAAR too long get my hair in a healthy state to ruin it just cuz he prefers straight hair. And if this was an issue for him/us (it is for some women I know) I’d wish him well then replace him :yep:

..He likes whatever DOO I do ; )

Last edited:

Ms Lala

Naw, my hubby doesn't care how I wear my hair as long as it's flattering. I straighten it when I feel like, but then I end up bunning it when it's straight anyway and he doesn't really like the bun.

Southernbella.

No I don’t and wouldn’t Just for him, especially at this point in my hair care regime. Once I reach my desired hair length, then I will straighten it be based on my decision on what I think is best at that time. :yep:

This is me. I've only been natural for five minutes, and don't plan to straighten until maybe SL, if then.

Honestly, when I do straighten it, I'll be irritated if he acts all geeked up.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
No I do not flatiron my hair for my husband because he already told me that he prefers my hair when it's a picked out fro. On the flip side he loves long hair so I'm looking forward to surprising him with the length once I reach my hair length goals, but in the meantime wash n' go it is. :yawn:

Neith

I love to see the length when straightened, but truthfully I prefer texture. I love curls, coils and naps the most.

I don't straighten often... screw what he likes :grin:

Nonie

Just because he enjoys it? and lets face it when he enjoys it we do too :grin:

Say he loves you for you and your natural hair just the same, but he still sees it as a special treat when its down, loose and straight, do you ever just straighten it for him?

I just dont think one can get rid of that mentality of not being more attracted to straight or loose hair in a man. Do you feel more attractive with your hair straight and down and loose?

I DO

Perhaps hasn't been my experience because back home in Kenya, straight hair wasn't as common as it is here. In fact, in my neighborhood, I can count the number of people who had chemicals in their hair more easily than those who didn't. So beauty wasn't in the way one wore their hair but in the whole package. So none of the guys I dated seemed to care one way or another.

Now my hubby is from the islands and grew up with people with type 1-3 hair that was fairly long. So long hair was always a huge plus for him. When he met me, my hair was relaxed but I had wrapped it and tucked it at the back so it looked like I had very short hair. I remember him being excited when I let it down and he saw I had enough length for a bob. But when I decided to transition in braids, he was cool with that too - especially the length of the braids. For him, length is a huge plus. When I finally wore my hair out in a puff after a spell in braids and hence some growth of my own hair, he liked it and said it was very becoming. So while I might be the first girl he ever dated (and then married) with Type 4 hair, the only thing I've known him to be unhappy about is the unplanned BC I had in Feb last year. He was so mad he didn't talk to me for a bit. Otherwise, when I've flat-ironed my hair, he's not been anymore excited about it than when it's been natural and in twists dangling down my neck.

I sometimes ask him for his opinion on a style and his response is always, as long as you don't cut your hair again, it looks good to me.

So in answer to your question, no, I don't straighten my hair for my man coz he couldn't care less. When it comes to my hair, I'm all cat: I do whatever I do to please myself. :grin: And I don't feel more attractive with my hair straight than curly. They're all just different looks that I'm happy I can sport whenever I feel like it. I do love the versatility. The only time I'm not happy with my hair is when it's very short. Otherwise as long as I can do something I consider cute with it, I'm all good and you can't tell me nuffin. :lol:

Last edited:

Hair Iam

My dh likes my hair styled , what he means is ...anything flattering. When I had it flat ironed and straight he was not thrilled, but when I had curls he was like "baby you look fine" men ..you got to love em

Irresistible

Yeah I already know many anti straight naturals would hate my lil 'admisison' here lol

I wear a pony tail daily, natural 15 or some odd years ......day in day out day in day out. So yeah when its down and straitened I do feel more attractive

I dont like my hair bone straight, I like some volume left in my hair, and probably would feel just as attractive with loose natural styles if my hair didnt look so wild and get to massively HUGE......it would be good for at home though *the wild look* so ummmm yeah!

Me JANE you Tarzan

bhahahaha

Irresistible

the questions was more like you knew it would be a treat for him and he would enjoy it when ever you did do it, but not have issues with it , whether you did or didnt.....

No I don’t and wouldn’t Just for him, especially at this point in my hair care regime. Once I reach my desired hair length, then I will straighten it be based on my decision on what I think is best at that time. Other than that, nope, sorry, Struggled and cried FAAR too long get my hair in a healthy state to ruin it just cuz he prefers straight hair. And if this was an issue for him/us (it is for some women I know) I’d wish him well then replace him :yep:

..He likes whatever DOO I do ; )