NATURALS: Before and after textures.

C

cieramichele

Show your hair relaxed, then natural. Transitioners apply also.

I want to see the textures with chemicals and without.

WOOT! :drunk:

issidoll

I am relaxed but four months into my transition.
Below are close up pics of my NG.
It is going smoothly (God willing).

Sorry pics are so huge!!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Click on the pictures for a better view
My first texturizer

A few months later after reversion and touch up and first color

This is after the double process color. so basically im triple processed here with little-no product. i have a few inches of NG as well

here it is 3 months before my bc. some how my natural hair engulfed the texturized ends(no product)

after my bc

Here it is brushed with a denman and i have cholesterol in it

Here it is with a little bit of CAG(as you can see its doing nothing, my hair needs alot just to make a wave or coil)

Texturized for the second time

Newly texturized styled

My itty bitty texturized bun( i really need a trim)

This whole folder shows texture shots while transitioning(in all i have some type of heavy product in my hair) and i have plenty more in my fotki. i hope this helps.
http://public.fotki.com/Nappylicious/hair-albums/funny-how-i-never-r/

I have such a weird texture. i never seen a curl in my hair when it was wet. ONLY with gel, heavy conditioner like cholesterol(suave or HH dont cut it) or EQP mango butter. other than that i have no obvious curl pattern which gets on my nerve. i thought i didnt have one for a quite some time. I cannot wash n go with constant results. for the short time i was fully unrelaxed i did a successful wash n go 2 times both of which required quite a bit of gel and my hair was wet for days

Last edited:
C

cieramichele

I love both of yalls hair!

and WOW @ the super focus. Thats a good camera!

tffy2004

Relaxed hair

March 2006

November 2006

Natural Hair
January 2007 days after BC

October 2007 Flat Iron

November 2007

January 2008

I honestly miss my relaxed length but I am in love with my natural Hair!!!:afro:

Cassandra1975

Relaxed hair

March 2006

November 2006

Natural Hair
January 2007 days after BC

October 2007 Flat Iron

November 2007

January 2008

I honestly miss my relaxed length but I am in love with my natural Hair!!!:afro:
The close up shots look great! And, you'll have the length back in no time. :yep:

MysteryMe

This was an excellent thread idea. I'm going back and forth with whether or not I want to continue relaxing or go back natural. All of the comparison pics look wonderful.

DarkAngell

relaxed:

transitioning pic 12 months post

Natural since last month!

no product..

with gel..

flat ironed

Last edited:

tocktick

transitioning (it's no wonder why i had to :look:):

natural:

blow-out

Last edited:

Natural Glow

Curly Relaxed............... Culy Natural

Straight Relaxed.............Straight Natural

The straight looks the same natural or relaxed. This is the main reason I stopped relaxing. I still had to flat iron when relaxed so what's the point. Plus my curly hair looks much better natural.

danigurl18

Curly Relaxed............... Culy Natural

Straight Relaxed.............Straight Natural

The straight looks the same natural or relaxed. This is the main reason I stopped relaxing. I still had to flat iron when relaxed so what's the point. Plus my curly hair looks much better natural.

your hair is so nice and I love the color!! a real inspiration :grin:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I actually don't have any pics of my hair relaxed since I stopped relaxing back in 03/04 BUT i do have pics of my hair when I flat ironed it to death:

Jan 05

Sometime last year or the yr before

bee

This is a great thread! I was just looking at my ng, wondering what it would become. I now have "helmet head," as I have not had a relaxer since November (20 weeks post!). I was it often and wear braid outs. I don't have pics but maybe I should start something to chart my progress.

C

cieramichele

This is a great thread! I was just looking at my ng, wondering what it would become. I now have "helmet head," as I have not had a relaxer since November (20 weeks post!). I was it often and wear braid outs. I don't have pics but maybe I should start something to chart my progress.

same here! :grin:

Southernbella.

Relaxed (actually, I was transitioning but kept the newgrowth flat ironed. This is mostly relaxed hair):

Way too darn thick:lachen:

Transitioning

Natural

ETA: Any time you see defined curls, there is product in there.:yep:

Last edited:

Southernbella.

Wow, all the hair in this thread is beautiful!

Tffy, I hope I have as much progress as you in 6 months. Your hairs is just gorgeous.:yep:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
transitioning (it's no wonder why i had to :look:):

natural:

blow-out

all of these styles shown were created with stretched hair of some kind, so coils etc are not really present. i haven't done texture shots for a while but you can get an idea of it here, here & here.

I'm loving the first pic with the fro, that's whats up:yep: