Naturals and frizz......

Dolapo

Hi, what do you use on your hair to combat frizz. like when you do twist outs and braidouts and stuff like that, i know my hair is naturally frizzy but i want to reduce the amount of frizz cos when i style my hair, it looks really messy because of the frizz. Especially when i do wash and gos and bantu knot outs. So what can i do about this? I dont want to use silicone loaded serums like the frizz ease. maybe honey? :look: i heard that it helps frizz but how? i have no idea. And oh, i dont want to use gels.....umm..you can check out the products i have in my album and see which one i can use. im not exactly sure what some of them are for :grin:. How about oils like castor oil or jojoba? err...ill just stop asking questions and wait for everyone's replies :cool:

Last edited:
I use Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair butter on my braid-outs and they last for the entire work week. The key is you must let your hair dry completely before unraveling the braids to avoid frizz.

Sridevi said:
I use Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair butter on my braid-outs and they last for the entire work week. The key is you must let your hair dry completely before unraveling the braids to avoid frizz.

ITA. I use a thick creamy leave in. The last braidout I did, I used Black n Sassy Caribbean Creme and S curl, it came out very defined, and shiny.

I used avocado butter when I did my twists last night and the twist out this morning had no frizz and was very soft. I got the avocado butter from FNWL, but I'm sure other butters might work just as well. I can't look at your album right now because for some reason fotki is showing some internal server error. :(

Good thread Dolapo. I think it's something im gonna have to learn to deal with. The middle of my hair get super frizzy, but I agree on letting your hair be completely dry before taking braids/twists down.

meh...a little frizz never hurt nobody! i have long since given up on having every hair on my natural head in place....just aint gonna happen for me :D

I've come to the same conclusion as Shatani for the most part- frizz is my hairs defining characteristic. However, I have recently noticed that I have really good defined twist outs when I keep the twists in for at least 3 days so that they are bone dry and the night before the take down, I spray my hair with S-Curl (the s-curl seems to weigh down my hair). Oh, and after Icarefully unravel my twists, I wet only the ends a little so they curl and put in a curl defining product (either a little bit of curl pudding, ORS lock and twist gel or citre shine making waves curl booster).

Back