Favorite frizz buster?

Uniqzoe

Hey ladies I would like to know your favorite frizz buster. I am newly natural and while frizz helps in some cases (big hair) other times I just want a nice tame look.

Let me know what you are using to get those nice defined twist/braid outs. If it is an off brand please share where it can be purchased.

I don't do twist-outs much but when I had a very defined twist-out, it was about 4 years ago when I used nothing on my hair. Just had twists in my hair for a couple of days baggying bare hair every night. Took cap off one morning and undid the twists and I had definition galore:

FirstEverTwistOut-vi.jpg

When I tried it with product (a concoction recipe a friend gave me of cocoabutter stick melted, S Curl and beeswax), this is what I got :lol:

coctioncocoabutterbeeswaxscurl-vi.jpg

That looks great. I'm just a little to impatient and sloppy with my twist to leave them in longer than overnight.

First, let me say that I love this thread because I am not a fan of frizz.

Secondly, let me say that I bust frizz with techniques and products.

I use Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner because it provides moisture and smoothness in one shot. I also put avocado oil on top of the conditioner because it helps with smoothness, and it gives me an extra dose of protein.

In the summer, I blow dry my hair on the cool setting after applying Redken's Smooth Down Detangling Cream to my hair. Also, I only style my hair with pomades in the summer. Before I roll my hair with flexirods, I apply a serum. Last summer, I used Sabino Moisture Block. It keeps the frizz out very well, but I don't like the coated feeling that it leaves behind.

This summer, I will see what kind of frizz-fighting results I get from Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum and John Freida Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Serum.

darlingdiva I tried John Freida's frizz products last summer to no avail. I will have to try the Sabino moisture block though. Thanks for the tip.

Back