Naturally Flexible Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
See that little cotton puff in the front of my hair?.....this is the beginning of my hair starting to poof out of the bun due to humidity.

In about an hour (if I don't tie it down or throw on a hat) the entire front of my hair will be a halo of puff puffiness.

AMAZING!

Where is my mimosa.......?:spinning::lol::lol::lol::lol::spinning:

Attachments

• image-2720874604.jpg
    image-2720874604.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Rae81

while i was on my cruise last week i went snorkling and saw this lady with beautiful natural hair. Her curls were blowing in the wind and when she got out the water it didnt shrink at all. I was so jealous because i had my hair in twist and once I got out the water and it dried a little they shrunk up

havilland

i miss having new growth! i can't believe it.....i used to use new growth as a way to encourage myself that my hair was growing and that all my hard work was paying off.....now i have no idea how much my hair has grown until i straighten it.

that's so weird and funny to me.........no more new growth.....wow......

havilland

My first fake wash n go that didn't turn out ridiculous.

This is after watching video after video trying figure how I could make a WNG happen.

so it's a little frizzy and I don't have it down yet. But this was the best attempt so far.

I call it fake because I let it dry in a bun overnight then took it down and pulled the hair apart to achieve this look.

I co washed with Hairveda moisture 24/7 and rinsed. Then applied more conditioner and left it in the hair ala curly girl method.

It's not 100% there yet by any means, but this attempt gives me hope for the future. :p

Attachments

• image-3927946460.jpg
    image-3927946460.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 124

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
This wash day, I did the following:
1) Deep conditioned on dry hair with Silk Dreams Shea what Deux
2) Cleansed with Silk Dreams Whip My Hair
3) Conditioned/Detangled with Aussie 3 Min Moist
4) Roller set Using a small amount of Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Conditioner

Finger combed out the curls with coconut oil.

So far I have been keeping up with my hair plans/goals that I set for the month. However, I have to say that I'm going to scratch the remaining plans and just continue roller setting until my salon visit on Oct 1st.

My hair is now set in about 8 Bantu knots with the same coconut oil I used to comb out the rollerset. I don't have anywhere to be until Thursday, so that's when I plan on taking them down. I have on a scarf and beanie covering the scarf until then. lol

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My first fake wash n go that didn't turn out ridiculous.

This is after watching video after video trying figure how I could make a WNG happen.

so it's a little frizzy and I don't have it down yet. But this was the best attempt so far.

I call it fake because I let it dry in a bun overnight then took it down and pulled the hair apart to achieve this look.

I co washed with Hairveda moisture 24/7 and rinsed. Then applied more conditioner and left it in the hair ala curly girl method.

It's not 100% there yet by any means, but this attempt gives me hope for the future. :p

I like it!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
DH said something to me about my hair that I really didn't see coming. I walked into the bathroom and said something about my 'fro, really to myself, but out loud since he was there. He turned off the shower, stuck out his head and said, "I really like your hair. I always liked it before, but I really like it now. It suits you." I was SO SURPRISED. He is the typical, old school, I-like-longer-hair-on-MY-woman kind of guy and he has had his feelings hurt several times over the years when I cut it off before. The hair was going to happen anyway, but it made me so glad to know he likes it. Plus I think he feels like it matches well with his new Malcolm X goatee. :giggle:

ronie

DH said something to me about my hair that I really didn't see coming. I walked into the bathroom and said something about my 'fro, really to myself, but out loud since he was there. He turned off the shower, stuck out his head and said, "I really like your hair. I always liked it before, but I really like it now. It suits you." I was SO SURPRISED. He is the typical, old school, I-like-longer-hair-on-MY-woman kind of guy and he has had his feelings hurt several times over the years when I cut it off before. The hair was going to happen anyway, but it made me so glad to know he likes it. Plus I think he feels like it matches well with his new Malcolm X goatee. :giggle:

Lollll. You re funny. It is a sweet story. Not that we need their approval, but it feels good to know they like how we wear our hair natural, relaxed, TWA or b**t length.

Rae81

I watched a video lat night in YouTube by mahogany curls and I just love her hair. I wish I could get my twist outs to look like hers. I can't wait for it to get cooler I really want to straighten my hair.

Eta: that's a pic of my hair after I washed it with out any perrfume on it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130911_070929.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130911_070929.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 111

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I watched a video lat night in YouTube by mahogany curls and I just love her hair. I wish I could get my twist outs to look like hers. I can't wait for it to get cooler I really want to straighten my hair.

Eta: that's a pic of my hair after I washed it with out any perrfume on it

Yes, her hair is so pretty! And your hair is too!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
High messy bun on old rollerset hair. I have a busy weekend planned so trying to push my next wash day to Monday.

My edges have completely sweated out.

Last edited:

havilland

Can I just take a minute to say....

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M NATURAL!

I neeeeeveeeerr thought I'd go natural!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
MileHighDiva I'm not sure of the color, I get it done professionally at the salon every summer. I just take in a picture of what I want it to look like. lol
I don't notice much breakage, but that area of my hair is a lot drier and weaker then the rest of my hair...as long as I do Aphoghee 2 step protein treatment every 3 months or so..it's fine.
Also, thank you for the compliment! :)

havilland

First pineapple attempt.

Thank God for YouTube. What did new naturals do before they had pioneers on the Internet to help them???? MMMNPH :p

Attachments

• image-456061826.jpg
    image-456061826.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 83

Rae81

Can I just take a minute to say....

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M NATURAL!

I neeeeeveeeerr thought I'd go natural!

I can not believe it either and it has inspired my mother to take off the wigs and wear her natural hair. My mother never ever ever went out with out a wig on for years but now she is rocking a twa. Also one of my friends decided to transition when I was telling her how I was going natural and transitioning and my reasons for doing so. she actually bc'd way before me and loves being natural. I love how I was able to help some other people through my journey.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
^^^me neither. I have been doing French braids, twists, and bun every day. Im thinking it will get easier the more u do it.

I was going to ask about fall plans. I decided against the highlights, it not a good time of year. Winter is coming and I really need to focus on retention. Why complicate it with color?

Sooooo... Fall plans will begin with a trip to the salon for my quarterly trim. Ease up on the wash and go's and to completely drying my hair on wash days. Moving wash days to every 10-14 days and using/experimenting with butters and oils to moisturize. Oh!!! And I need to be on the lookout for custom satin lined winter hats.

curlycrocheter

I'm soooo glad it's almost straight hair season! I flat ironed about 2 weeks ago (I didn't know there was gonna be a freak heat wave the next day)

I missed the feeling of my hair swinging across my back. But oddly enough, I missed my curlies too. So thankful for the veratility

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I was soooo trying to push wash day, but my hair was starting to feel like some extra crispy chicken. I also felt like it needed more conditioning and less manipulation so I decided to skip roller setting.

The Process:
Deep conditioned for about 30 minutes on dry hair with something from Shea Moisture. I only had one more use and I was trying to get rid of it.
Co washed with SD Destination Hydration
Detangled with Aussie 3 Min

Since I was wearing it in it's natural state; I opted for heavier products, so I used Cantu as a leave in, coconut oil & Wave Nouvou.

Styling:
Did a high top knot to give my hair some rest. I can usually just spritz it with water and coconut oil for 3/4 days to maintain it without having to touch or readjust it.
Side Note: My natural hair is a lot longer than I thought. It can make a nice bun on it's own for sure. Yay!

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm soooo glad it's almost straight hair season! I flat ironed about 2 weeks ago (I didn't know there was gonna be a freak heat wave the next day)

I missed the feeling of my hair swinging across my back. But oddly enough, I missed my curlies too. So thankful for the veratility

Oooo, I can't wait to see everybody swanging! lol

Rae81

I think for the fall I will straighten but mostly wear my hair in twist. Thats my plan for now but will probably change

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I blew out my hair today. Idk what to do withh it since it still is short and has alot of layers. I will be keeping it straightened for a while. I dont feel like dealing or seeing my natural texture for quite some time. I am also contemplating a bkt again.