Naturally Flexible Support Thread

PlainJane

TMS Beautiful Textures.

I used the leave in conditioner one time. Then I followed with the Anti Reversion shampoo and conditioner for about 2 weeks. I found that I didn't need the leave in treatment anymore, ever..... The shampoo and conditioner are enough to get my hair prepped to flat iron. I get relaxer straight results and full reversion. I have used it for months now with no problems.

I always clarify after I use it though. I don't like leaving all that silicone on my hair and scalp.

Thank you! I'm going to give it a try. I have an event approaching that is outdoors so do you think it will help combat the humidity?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Thank you! I'm going to give it a try. I have an event approaching that is outdoors so do you think it will help combat the humidity?

it helped me alot....my hair used to revert inside the house on a humid day. and no i am not joking. my hair reverted at a football house party while i was INSIDE THE HOUSE ON A RAINY DAY. TMS def helped me.

my suggestions: deep condition before you shampoo. use a gentle shampoo for your first rinse and then use the TMS shampoo once for the second rinse. that shampoo is strong and you do not need to use it twice like it says on the bottle unless your hair is really filthy dirty. then use their conditioner.

havilland

Here are some one year progress shots. This is why I joined the "no trim" challenge. I cut my hair sooooo much in the last year. I haven't trimmed since February and I guess I gained an inch or and About 3 inches since last year this time.

I am hoping to only dust a couple of times this year and retain more of my length.

These photos are April 2014, December 2014 and April 2015 (taken yesterday)

Side note:I love my new flat iron and my TMS Beautiful Textures! It rained yesterday unexpectedly. I had no umbrella and my hair did not revert. Happy dance! Happy dance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 88

havilland

Today's pony! Not sure how long I can keep this hair straight. It interferes with my workout but I love feeling my scalp. I guess I'll be tired of it in a few days. Better enjoy it. Summer will be here soon and humidity will once again reign queen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 81

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i hate when i wait until late....then i lose my mojo.....

how did it turn out? Tell me what you used. i love your product breakdowns. :p
Girl... I went to sleep. I thought about how long it would take and I passed out :lachen:

I did dig out a bottle of Keracare Humecto that I plan to use as my dc whenever I get around to it. I am shampooing with Cream of Nature Argan oil.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I decided to just moisturize, detangle and rebraid instead of doing a midweek wash. I sprayed each section with aloe and then detangled from the ends on up to get rid of shed hair.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Next week I plan on purchasing the beautiful textures TMS. I've been watching lots of utube on the whole process of using the product. They say that it is difficult to find the product. I'm gonna check my local CVS and Sally's to see if they carry the product. I plan on wearing my hair straight for the whole month of May.

The only thing I'm confused about is if you are supoose to let the leavein sit for 20mins and then blow dry or apply the leavein and blow dry immediately. @havilland, which do you do for your hair?

havilland

Next week I plan on purchasing the beautiful textures TMS. I've been watching lots of utube on the whole process of using the product. They say that it is difficult to find the product. I'm gonna check my local CVS and Sally's to see if they carry the product. I plan on wearing my hair straight for the whole month of May.

The only thing I'm confused about is if you are supoose to let the leavein sit for 20mins and then blow dry or apply the leavein and blow dry immediately. @havilland, which do you do for your hair?
I ordered mine on amazon. I couldn't find it in stores.

I didn't see any difference with the leavein the one time I used it. So I don't use it anymore.

I use the anti reversion shampoo and conditioner. I rinse it all out. I don't like leaving things on my hair. Lol. I didn't trust the product when I first used it. I was scared my texture would change.

But honestly, using the shampoo and conditioner gave me the same effect with and without the leave in. I've used the products for months now and the results are the same without the leave in. I believe less is more.

havilland

@pelohello

I didn't answer your question. Oops.

You rinse everything out. And you can apply a small amount more of the conditioner and leave it in if you want. I didn't do this.

Eta-If u get the kit , the "inner active" treatment is left on. I rinsed it out because I didn't trust it at first. (Feel me?) .....anyway......I didn't see any difference in my results with the inner active treatment and just the shampoo and conditioner.

Last edited:

PlainJane

Okay so here's what I thought of the Beautiful Textures TMS...
It really made my hair "fresh relaxer" straight which was way too straight.
I ended up curling it and liked the results and it lasted better than it ever has!
I probably won't use it until my transition is over because it made my thin relaxed ends more obvious.
Also, the next time I use it I will shampoo in braids. My hair shrunk so much with that shampoo it made me uncomfortable lol
It's perfect if u want super straight results but I need all the volume I can get right now during this transition since I keep doing mini chops.

Mz.MoMo5235

So I finally started washing my hair regularly again lol I've been in a hair funk I guess. Wooh child the matting I tackled would put animal control to shame. I still havent done a length check, I'm really just trying to get back into the swing of hair in general at this point.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I took my curlformers out and I love the results. It's not as straight as I could get it cause it didnt dry all the way. But I like the fluffiness. Tomorrow I will blow dry it out and then flat iron.

I tried little sections of my hair to see if i could flat iron after removing the curlformers but nope. I got better results after blow drying. Thank goodness I tried it out before doing my whole head.

Attached are pics of my hair after taking out the curlformers and applying my heat protectant and lightly brushing the curls out. I also dusted each curl.

Attachments

• rps20150429_222104.jpg
    rps20150429_222104.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 56
  • rps20150429_221922.jpg
    rps20150429_221922.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 51
  • rps20150429_222017.jpg
    rps20150429_222017.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 54
  • rps20150429_222038.jpg
    rps20150429_222038.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 53

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Kerastase is coming out with a new Resistance line (protein) for damaged hair. It's supposed to give hair a second life. They are doing pre orders right now. I am on the mailing list when it becomes available. My bday is next month so I will ask dh to buy the prepoo and mask. Since I use heat occasionally and I color my hair I want to make sure my strands are strong.

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/therapiste

havilland

I washed out my flat iron today. I used my TMS texture management shampoo and condish the last three weeks and wore my hair straight. But Today I washed it all out. I missed my curls and it's humid out. So I don't feel like wearing straight hair.

I dusted my ends and oiled them before I used Hairveda Red Tea shampoo bar to wash my hair.

Then I applied Hairveda Methi Sativa step one and step two mixed together and let it sit for an hour. Rinsed and applied my leave in Kinky Curly Knot Today. Followed by Eco styler pink.

In the first picture I wanted you to see my hair soaking wet before I shampooed and conditioned. It's straight as a bone. That's how water repellant that TMS is!!! Omg....

Second pics are my wet hair after shampoo and deep conditioner. Last pic is my hair completely reverted and air dried.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 50

havilland

@havilland your hair looks gorgeous! I need tms in my life asap. I work out 3-4 days a week and I need something to make my blowouts last
If you workout, you will get some reversion. My hair won't stay bone straight if u sweat, but it will stay straight enough that I can LIGHTLY gel the edges and wear a sleek ponytail after the workout.

I love that product. It has made flat ironing my hair a dream. TMS has made natural hair "doable" for me because now I have the flexibility I really desired.