Naturally Flexible Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Ladies my hair has been blown out for over 3 weeks! And it has been cold and raining for the last couple days. I am so pleased. I get my hair done again next week... This is a close up of my roots. Just a little reversion

Pretty!

What'd u do to keep it from reverting?????

havilland

I just ordered a new flat iron and the TMS system from beautiful textures.

I'm going to strand test it first and hope for a nice thanksgiving flat iron.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used chi silk infusion and Crece Pelo leave in before my rollerset. Also, I oiled my scalp a couple times and I think all the oil prevented my hair from frizzing too much.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

Let me know how it works for you. My mom wants to try it. I should get it for her and do it myself. She spends way too much money at salons

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Yeah I'm on day 12 or 13 (can't remember) of straight hair too & it's still bouncy & flowy. However, I will be washing this weekend cause these flakes ain't cute! Plus I'm starting to get that old scalp smell. lmbo

I'll be conditioning like a mad woman before my next straightening session. Thinking around Christmas time since we will be taking family photos at the park. When the wind blows, I want my hair to blow too. I'm so vain! lol

Ltown

Greyland

My sis has thick hair and she is getting tired of the struggle I told her about this it would help.

havilland

I'm too tired to try my new products...

I want to flat iron so bad but I'm exhausted from cooking.

I'm in two French braids under a half wig and loving every minute of it right now.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm too tired to try my new products... I want to flat iron so bad but I'm exhausted from cooking. I'm in two French braids under a half wig and loving every minute of it right now.

I feel you. Thanksgiving wore me out. I wanted to wash this weekend but ummmm no. I still have in the same raggedy 10 plaits from last wash day. I've been wearing them in a bun or pinning them around my head & throwing a beanie over them with some clip on bangs I made from my weave days. I have managed to deep condition them twice last week so 3 cheers for that.

Last edited:

havilland

I feel you. Thanksgiving wore me out. I wanted to wash this weekend but ummmm no. I still have in the same raggedy 10 plaits from last wash day. I've been wearing them in a bun or pinning them around my head & throwing a beanie over them with some clip on bangs I made from my weave days. I have managed to deep condition them twice last week so 3 cheers for that.

That style is cute! I wish I was that creative.

havilland

Hit! I tried trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner today. I need some conditioner I can buy on the ground and this one did not disappoint.

I deep conditioned with Hairveda Strinillah as a prepoo

Then co washed with the tea tree tingle.

Nice! It had slip and smelled really good. the smell didn't linger. My hair felt clean afterwards and I am so happy I found some thing on the ground I can use!!! Woohoo!

havilland

I seriously need to step up my game. I can tell my ends are stressed from age...if I want to retain length and make waist length I'm gonna have to baby them more.

I am going to get more religious about moisturizing and sealing at night....as well as applying fortifiers to my ends after I co wash.

I already started incorporating aloe gel into my regi and I see the difference from that in just a week of use.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Just did a roller set using magnetic rollers. I had plans on flat ironing the roots but I really didn't need to. It's now in a traditional wrap which took me about 15 mins of fighting because I only used my fingers. Gonna make this set last for 2 weeks then I'll be flat ironing for my annual length check to end the year with a bang.

The plan is to only unwrap it and wear it down twice next week for special outings. Then the 2nd week, wearing it in one big french braid.

Last edited:

havilland

I made a thread for this review but figured I would post it here too.....

I tried the Anthony Dickey wash n go method...or whoever wants the credit, I really don't care.

the method is all about applying alot of product to the hair while it is still soaking wet to lock in the curl/coil pattern. so anyways...it's a variation of what I always do but i tried it and the results were surprising to me.

Today I tried a revised version of this method. I watched a few videos and then had at it. I started on co washed hair and unlike some of the videos I saw, I applied my products on soaking wet hair while I was still in the shower.

My issue with wng is that my texture in the back is coilier than my texture in the front of my hair. The front is looser and wavier and has some hang time... while the back shrinks up and gets REALLY frizzy.

I never have the success I want with wng so I figured, what's one more attempt. I consider it a success for what I wanted to achieve. I wanted less frizz in the back and less shrinkage on the sides and more definition in the wavier sections in the front. I thought my hair was gonna be heavy and crunchy and kinda disgusting with all that product. But my hair is soft and touchable and light. It has movement (as much as my curls can have....).

Here is what I did and products I used:

co washed with Trader Joes Nourish Spa conditioner After I rinsed the conditioner, while my hair was soaked with water and I was still in shower, I applied Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls in sections making sure to be heavy handed with the product.

Then I stepped out of the shower and applied Isoplus gel, again being heavy handed, to each section of the hair paying special attention to my roots in my frizz prone areas on the sides and in the back.

I hit my edges with some Eco styler clear. Since I don't want to sit under a dryer or diffuse, I air dried partially with my hair loose (about 30 minutes) and then put my hair carefully and gently into a smoothed low ponytail to finish drying and to help stretch the hair.

I was careful to just gather the hair and contain it with a banana clip. I didn't jostle the curls or manipulate them at all. Once my hair was dry, I moistened my hands and separated the curls and rubbed my hands over the front of my hair to soften the gel cast.

These are my results. First pic is of my most successful wash n go prior to this method. The other pic is of my hair using the A. D. method. My hair is completely dry in all photos except for one rogue strand in the front of my hair.

Attachments

• image-3121454060.jpg
    image-3121454060.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1626320899.jpg
    image-1626320899.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

havilland

Ok y'all. I got mad reviews coming up. Beautiful Textures Texture Management System HSI Flat Iron
HSI Argan Oil

I typed this whole long review and it got deleted. Grrrrrr.... Here we go again.

First. I have a disclaimer. I did not flow the directions. The TMS system says to not use anything but the shampoo and conditioner. I prepooed and used heat protectant. I also only used the conditioner for 5 minutes, not twenty.

First I prepooed for 3 hours without heat with Hairveda Strinillah

I detangled in the shower with a vent brush under the water stream. Then I shampooed twice with the TMS shampoo. I watched a lot of reviews for this product and most reviewers said it was a harsh shampoo. So I didn't chance it. My hair doesn't "do" harsh. I could tell from application that this shampoo was strong. I was glad I chose to prepoo first. My hair felt protected. I had no dryness, no tangles, no problems at all.

Next I applied the conditioner and left it on only five minutes. I thought if they happened to sneak some relaxer in the product five minutes wouldn't do much damage. (Yes. I'm that paranoid...)

I rinsed and applied Chi Silk Infusion in a small amount. Pea size amount on each half of my head. I saw one reviewer on you tube who said her hair felt better the second time she used the product because she used heat protectant. I decided I would use heat protectant based on that review. I don't feel comfortable flat ironing and blow drying without it.

I blow dried my hair in four sections on high and it was so easy! This was my fastest blow dry since I've been natural!

Next up I opened my pretty flat iron. HSI 1inch. I don't like that this iron has two temps marked. 140 and 410. The rest of the dial is a guessing game as to what temp you are on. I tried to get to about 395. Other than that, it flat ironed like a dream. I used small sections and 2 passes.

Once I finished my hair, i used my Edge Stick on my hairline.

I applied some of the Argan Oil to my ends. About the size of a q-tip end. Not even a whole drop.

All I can say is SO FAR SO GOOD. It's humid and snowy here....my office is hot. Both those conditions usually mean reversion for me. Not today!!!

My hair is light, fluffy, shiny, soft and best of all straight as a pin!

Here are pics of my hair, the iron, and my bedtime bun.

I will update this in a few days after I workout and live with it a little.

Edited to add: my hair is thin, fine, fragile, 3C and completely natural.

Attachments

• image-1636479976.jpg
    image-1636479976.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3377634171.jpg
    image-3377634171.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4070262956.jpg
    image-4070262956.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3268887703.jpg
    image-3268887703.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1765239535.jpg
    image-1765239535.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2512761725.jpg
    image-2512761725.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2791787079.jpg
    image-2791787079.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair looks like yaki/kinky straight right now. It's puffy and frizzy :( Idk if I can make it 2 weeks without washing. I got a new wig just incase I give in and wash it before my next appt

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
havilland Looks great! I just purchased that same flat iron a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. I'll do a review as well whenever I have time to flat iron one of these days.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Havi your hair looks beautiful!! I wonder if I can use the poo and conditioner before I get my blowdry at the Dominicans. I will do some research. If this helps to keep down frizz and revrrsion I need it in my life :yep:

havilland

Day two. It's pouring down raining here and she was in a ponytail all morning. This is good for my hair....so far.

Attachments

• image-516027302.jpg
    image-516027302.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image-522035525.jpg
    image-522035525.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 66

caliscurls

havilland raining and still no reversion? Ok, I'm interested. Let us know if your hair fully reverts after washing (or whatever timeframe it's supposed to last). It looks great

havilland

havilland raining and still no reversion? Ok, I'm interested. Let us know if your hair fully reverts after washing (or whatever timeframe it's supposed to last). It looks great

My curl pattern is supposed to be a little looser for 6 weeks or until I wash with a sulfate shampoo. Whichever happens first ... But I can tell you that since I only let the conditioner sit for 5 minutes, my curl pattern is intact.

I will keep you posted.

Here is a graphic of what they tell you to expect.

Attachments

• image-2369103376.jpg
    image-2369103376.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 87

havilland

Ps...I did not stand in the pouring rain or anything like that. I wore a ponytail today and covered my hair like I always do. Keep in mind that in the past putting my hair up and wearing a scarf in the rain has not worked for me. My hair reverted anyway.

Today my hair is not reverted at all and I only touched up the edges this morning to make them look neat. They have not reverted yet either. This is out of the ordinary for me. In the past I would look like a chia pet after a humid day like today.

havilland

Ps...I did not stand in the pouring rain or anything like that. I wore a ponytail today and covered my hair like I always do. Keep in mind that in the past putting my hair up and wearing a scarf in the rain has not worked for me. My hair reverted anyway. Today my hair is not reverted at all and I only touched up the edges this morning to make them look neat. They have not reverted yet either. This is out of the ordinary for me. In the past I would look like a chia pet after a humid day like today.

Day three. I have not touched it up at all. My ends feel a little dry...just a tad.

I feel like I should touch it up with a warm flat iron but I won't. My hair is cottony soft and not bone straight anymore. It has a soft, subtle wave. BUT it isn't crinkly at the roots like it normally would by now.

I wonder what the results would be if I let the conditioner sit longer, but I didn't want to chance damage and at this point I can't say that I will ever chance it.

Attachments

• image-2344561455.jpg
    image-2344561455.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 57

havilland

Day four.

First pic is immediately after workout. Second and third are after a touch up with edge stick and some edge control pomade.

The only product I applied after my initial flat iron on the first day was Edge Control. I wonder if that's why my edges are a little curly.

I'm still not experiencing the hot mess I normally would have on day four of a flat iron. My hair is still fairly straight, soft, shiny and doesn't look greasy, crinkly and limp like it normally would.

Attachments

• image-494621576.jpg
    image-494621576.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image-1412274561.jpg
    image-1412274561.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 31
  • image-2432783144.jpg
    image-2432783144.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 43

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Day four. First pic is immediately after workout. Second and third are after a touch up with edge stick and some edge control pomade. The only product I applied after my initial flat iron on the first day was Edge Control. I wonder if that's why my edges are a little curly. I'm still not experiencing the hot mess I normally would have on day four of a flat iron. My hair is still fairly straight, soft, shiny and doesn't look greasy, crinkly and limp like it normally would.

havilland So would you say the TMS system is good or are you going to wait until you wash to give it the thumbs up?

havilland

havilland So would you say the TMS system is good or are you going to wait until you wash to give it the thumbs up?

I would say it's ok so far. If you have dry hair or are protein sensitive then it may not be for you. My hair is a little dry. Nothing monumental. But I have healthy, well moisturized hair and I also deep conditioned prior to using the products.

I would also say that you should strand test it first or not leave it for twenty minutes the first time you use it. Try 5-10 minutes and then increase the timing on subsequent uses if your hair reacts well. I don't like taking chances with my hair. ;)

I suggest using a heat protectant though the instructions say not to. I don't think it's wise to not use any.

I have no doubts my hair will revert. My curls seem fine so far. I will report back when I wash my hair to let you know if it's all good.