Natural type 4s - Triple moisture?

NubianAngel

Do the Neutrogena (sp?) triple moisture products do anything for any of you type 4 naturals here? These products sound affordable enough for me to try
smile.gif

My review of Triple Moisture: A 4a/b perspective

Of course due to my hair texture my natural hair drinks moisture. Now it was time to purchase products that claimed to deliver. As I skimmed this board for raves, I saw the rave for Triple moisture. It appeared that everyone with relaxed hair had a positive comment on this product. But what did that really mean for me
confused.gif
It meant that possibly no one with my hair type has tried and reviewed this product. It was my turn. As I picked up products, the ONLY thing that I was thinkin' about was...."For this price it better work! If not, I can always add honey and a carrier oil to git the bomb results
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
But, I can get the same results with any cheap conditioning product....right?!?!?!

Anywhoo...

Neutrogena Triple Moisture™ Daily Deep Conditioner
Pretty packaging. This product was slightly thin for my taste. My first use was on dry hair. Rubbed product between my hands and applied. Interesting smell
(a bit earthy) that faded along with use. Hmmm...My hair felt damp...not moisturized. I left it in my hair over night with a plastic cap. Same results the next morning. I rinsed the product out of my hair and reapplied on freshly conditioner washed hair. Not much of a difference. But enough to use this product as a conditioner wash (which it is to expensive when Suave Milk and Honey gave better results).

Neutrogena Triple Moisture™ Deep Recovery Hair Mask
After rinsing the previous product out, I tried this product. Woo-hoo. This product was thick (like I like my men...
lick.gif
tongue.gif
lick.gif
wink.gif
but that's another story). The smell was a bit earthy, of course, that faded along with use. As I applied this product it on wet hair, it disappeared into the hair shaft. I thinkin', "This could be a go sign!" I used a small amount and stated on the directions" waited 5 minutes and rinsed. My hair felt slightly moisturized but not enough to make a difference. I began to form an opinion...which I will give at the end
scratchchin.gif

Neutrogena Triple Moisture™ Sheer Hydration Leave-In Foam
I'm thinkin' foam for my thick hair...right....we will see ....
sekret.gif

This product was way to light for my hair. Not much in the aroma department. It dried on my damp hair quickly. I would need to use half the contents or more to get the desired results. I still had another product to try.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture™ Silk Touch Leave-In Cream
Right to it...... Love the thickness. But thickness isn't everything ( right ladies
smirk.gif
). My hair starts to feel a bit more moisturized. So that means that I am only a bit pleased
ohwell.gif

Neutrogena Triple Moisture™ Cream Lather Shampoo
I used this product alone. I only used a small amount because I didn't want to stip my hair. Results...I really like that fact that it did not strip my hair at all. I added my conditioner moisturizer from another line and my hair was fine. I love the smell of the shampoo which is an added plus for me.

I have determined that for my hair texture that this is not the line for me. I want results and I want them now...not a week later. Since I paid my hard earned money for this I will give this line another try for only a straight week. One thing...I would repurchase the Neutrogena Triple Moisture™ Cream Lather Shampoo. Not many shampoos leaves my hair unstripped!!!! These products only work well together and have more of an impact on relaxed hair than nature hair.

NOW....what are your reviews.

WOW! Thanks for the review. I am not a PJ (I have a VERY simple routine) but it is good to read these reviews.
smile.gif

Thanks for that complete review! I'm getting the impression that this line isn't as cheap as I thought, so i'm gonna think long and hard before I try the mask as my next deep conditioner.

Thanks for the review, blacktresses! I've been considering trying this line, but I've been punking out because my hair closet is already full (mostly of products that haven't even been used yet
laugh.gif
).

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
Lol. I thought your were gonna ask if 4 hair needed triple more moisture than the other types
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif

Back