Natural Roller set

asaridd1

Since my big chop, I have had my hair straightened once. I've been terrified of flat ironing my hair. Heat damage is a mother and I have had a few failed attempts when I tried to blow out my hair myself. So what's a natural girl to do? Roller set! Some of my natural friends had told about their attempts, but with my 3c/4a/4b textured hair, I didn't think my hair would achieve the straight and silky look my friends had. But I had to remind myself, as I sometimes have to do on this natural journey, that I cannot compare my hair with that of others. I have to embrace every kink, curl and spiral. So over the weekend I bought a set of magnetic rollers and attempted my first roller set as a natural lady. I used Lotta Body Setting Lotion, which was my favorite setting lotion in my creamy crack days, and I loved the results. Although my hair was not bone straight, it turned out beautifully. It was THICK, FULL and HEALTHY! So I can say with total confidence that this will not be my last roller set. This go around, I pinned my hair up...

**Check out my blog: http://adventuresofakinkycurl.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.42.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.42.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.43 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.43 #3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 197
  • Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.42 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.42 #2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.42 #4.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-16 at 20.42 #4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 158

asaridd1

Thanks Ladies!! I used magnetic rollers from Rite Aid and I did a regular roller set and then pinned my hair up in the back.

momi

The style is beautiful - lovely.

When I set with Lottabody it makes my hair hard. I just use plenty of water and salerm 21 if I want it bouncy, if I need a firmer set I use JC Wrap and Roll.

Hair2Here

Since my big chop, I have had my hair straightened once. I've been terrified of flat ironing my hair. Heat damage is a mother and I have had a few failed attempts when I tried to blow out my hair myself. So what's a natural girl to do? Roller set! Some of my natural friends had told about their attempts, but with my 3c/4a/4b textured hair, I didn't think my hair would achieve the straight and silky look my friends had. But I had to remind myself, as I sometimes have to do on this natural journey, that I cannot compare my hair with that of others. I have to embrace every kink, curl and spiral. So over the weekend I bought a set of magnetic rollers and attempted my first roller set as a natural lady. I used Lotta Body Setting Lotion, which was my favorite setting lotion in my creamy crack days, and I loved the results. Although my hair was not bone straight, it turned out beautifully. It was THICK, FULL and HEALTHY! So I can say with total confidence that this will not be my last roller set. This go around, I pinned my hair up...

**Check out my blog: http://adventuresofakinkycurl.blogspot.com/

You've just won me on this. I'm going to do it.

cocomama

Nice roller set Lady! I'm thinking about trying one next week some time.Thanks for the inspiration:grin:

Alta Angel

You better work! I love it! Can't wait until I am done transitioning so I can try that out on all natural hair.