NATURAL RELAXER? IS IT POSSIBLE?

BlackMasterPiece

From the ingredients listed it just seems to be some powdered herbs thrown into some clay, turned into a paste form that you put on your hair....so essentially a glorified DC:look:

My mom always tells me about these natural DC's she and all her friends would do in Haiti and she's always referencing this red clay from the earth that makes your hair really soft:scratchch maybe its the same concept hmmmmm

I think you could get similar results from Henna or a clay mask for your hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
The natural relaxers won't make your hair strait. It will make your hair appear less dense and make it more manageable.

FebeeSigns

Yes there is such a thing. Henna is a powder that temporarily relaxes one's texture at application. It is heavy so it weighs down the curls and elongates them. It is relaxing one's natural texture for a short time. However, there are companies out there who will try to sell you a "natural" relaxer, and depending on your definition of natural, it may not be.

preciousfa02

I'M NOT PERSONALLY INTERESTED IN GETTING ONE BUT I FOUND IT INTERESTING. I'M AWARE OF TREATMENT AND PLAN TO USE IT DURING MY TRANSITION...

Solitude

As BlackMasterpiece said, a truly "natural" relaxer is just a glorified DC. I tried Janelle Beauty's Diva Smooth once and that's basically what it was.

Just BE CAREFUL. Some companies advertise products as "natural" that actually have chemicals in them. Be sure to check out the ingredient list whenever you see the word relaxer.