Is this too good to be true: Natural-Laxer Mix

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
No such thing a Natural-laxer. Please do not use this product. I found it very damaging.

scribblescrabble2

I never used it, but from what I heard it's nothing but clay and herbs. It just adds weight to your hair, similar to the results some people have with henna. That's why they want to use it so many times initially.

The reason why I am leary of using it is because they recommend applying it to freshly shampooed hair and with a heat cap. I'm afraid that if I did that during my clay treatments my hair would be like straw.

CenteredGirl

how? Inquiring minds want to know

You have several options:

1. Wash your hair with baking soda regularly (1TBSP BS to 8oz Water)
  2. Add BS to your DC. Keep on for an hour.
  3. I even add BS to my leave-in sometimes! I use Nexxus humectress.
Regular use of BS will loosen curl pattern to make your hair easier to manage. Lye is about 11 on the acidic or whatever scale, BS is about 8. It takes more time but it's gentler and natural:yep:

winterinatl

All natural!
I used Natrulaxer back when I first joined the boards. It made my NG very moisturized - I was still relaxed. it claimed to make pressing "express" and lasting; it did but I'm not sure what I compared the pressing time with, lol.

I didn't have any problems with it, you should be able to overlap with regular relaxer.

anon123

A friend of mine on another hair board used the Baka one. She said her hair felt more conditioned, but there was no noticeable loosening of curl pattern. But she only used it once and she is a cnapp like me. I don't know how many times they want you to use this stuff before your hair is supposed to be looser.

vestaluv1

A friend of mine on another hair board used the Baka one. She said her hair felt more conditioned, but there was no noticeable loosening of curl pattern. But she only used it once and she is a cnapp like me. I don't know how many times they want you to use this stuff before your hair is supposed to be looser.

OFF TOPIC:

Your hair looks very nice in your siggy! :yep:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
3 times

on second application you should see curls loosen

AtlantaJJ

I was googleing around doing research and found this product:

http://www.curlrelaxer.com/index.html

a fairly extensive FAQ can be found: http://www.curlrelaxer.com/faq.html

I'm curious about the reviews.

ETA:

I found information about Baka Beauty has Natural-Laxer Mix, which sounds more like a product that I would be interested in and has much better reviews than the product I previously posted about.
The link to the product I really want reviews on: http://bakabeauty.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=145

Last edited: