NATURAL PRODUCT TO NEATLY LAY NATURAL 4B HAIRLINE/"EDGES"...

dlove

I'm looking for a natural gel or cream like substance to lay me and my daughters hairline/edges.

I 've tried smooth as silk, IC gel and lots others, but they tend to dry then eventually break our hair. I'm looking for something with "staying power"- meaning lasting more than 30 minutes after a freshly washed and combed hair style. I use a good combo for moisturizering and sealing, but that combo does not keep those little edges, crown, and nape area free of those little "nappies".

I style my daughters hair every 3 days ( with brush ups in between of course), so I'm looking for her hair style to stay "kept up" looking in between styles.

Thanks in advance,
DLove

Napp

Ms. Nobody
my hairline is pretty hard to lay down but mango butter + gel can get then to lay super flat. try smooth n shine curl activator extra dry hair as a gel. It never gets hard but hair feels soft and moisturized w/ good hold. i need to go back to it. my edges arent the same like when i used to use it. eventually my edges would get dry when i used a regular gel too. also for extra staying power use a soft boar bristle brush and a scarf.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hairveda has a natural gel called whipped jelly. Her almond glaze grease also helps. I would suggest aloe vera gel too.

prospurr4

I have 4b texlaxed hair, and I am stretching my touchups to 12-13 weeks, so I know all about the "nappies." Castor oil + silk scarf at bedtime leads me to nice, behavin' edges by morning that lasts all day. For something quicker, I smooth aloe vera gel along my edges to lay 'em down.

JustKiya

Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade and a scarf. Lovely smooth edges, smells heavenly, and a little bit goes a long way. :yep: